UT vs UF - Game #2

O'Sullivan to the mound, Derek Lance coming to the plate for the Vols...runner at 2, 2 outs

no one is really putting on a clinic with runners in scoring position.

not only is no one bringing the runners home, the at bats are extremely weak.

I'm sure there's a plan, I have to believe there's a plan, but I don't understand it.

B'Court on the hill...

0-2...Game, Simcox's throw not in time,,,UF with a dog pile...Vols lose 3-2

That Mizzou Auburn double header tomorrow is going to be huge

Yeah, but you know what? These guys are not going to get there by hoping Mizzou loses every game. They had opportunities tonight, the pitchers did enough, hit the ball...we are stranding double digit runners...I mean, Derek Lance hasn't had a hit all season, I just don't understand.

Yeah, but you know what? These guys are not going to get there by hoping Mizzou loses every game. They had opportunities tonight, the pitchers did enough, hit the ball...we are stranding double digit runners...I mean, Derek Lance hasn't had a hit all season, I just don't understand.

Very true, honestly I think I would be handling this season better if we just came out and sucked every game. Been beyond frustrating being in so many games, but falling short because of relief pitching, key errors, lack of capitalizing on opportunities, or any of the other various ways we've managed to let a close game slip away

so...because Mizzou was postponed, we're now a half game behind, if the season ended today UT and UGA would be at home. Let's hope the weather clears up in Missouri. GBO!

Very true, honestly I think I would be handling this season better if we just came out and sucked every game. Been beyond frustrating being in so many games, but falling short because of relief pitching, key errors, lack of capitalizing on opportunities, or any of the other various ways we've managed to let a close game slip away

I try to be positive, I know there might be players or family lurking, but sometimes it's just mind numbing, and I know the coaches and players feel much worse than any of us, but...golly...I'd just like to go into a weekend without scratching my head, hey Moberg is gonna pitch (hey he won) or Lance? I dunno, just tired of losing, sure they are too.

Quality start by Williams.
The two guys at the top of the order whose names end in OX got on base 8 times.
That ought to be the foundation for scoring more than two runs--and maybe even for winning.

Reactions: 1 person
Why did Lance and Houser start this game?

Well, I'm speculating...as for Houser, I can only think they wanted to give Bennett a rest before tomorrow. Lance, I have no idea, maybe he's been hurt and they wanted to see what he could do? In terms of leaving Lance in the game at crunch time rather than Moberg or Luther i don't know.

VN Store

Back