UT v. UK - ESPN Matchup Predictor says 53.8% Vols

Tennessee has always given Kentucky fits in Knoxville and I think we lead the series in Knoxville.

I think that KY leads 51-52 in Knoxville and 15-16 in the TBA. The in-game thread should include the UTAD PR's staff claim. "A TN win would:" even the series in Knoxville and at the TBA.

Reactions: sport3500
The slump he is in from the perimeter is epic. Fortunately, he has recently found other ways to score and other ways to affect the game, primarily his defense.

Over his last 4 games, he is averaging 16 pts, 3.25 rpg, 2.25 apg, 2 spg, and is shooting 16-29 from 2 (55%). He is still only 4-21 from 3 (19%), but he seems to realize that he is currently more effective going to the rim and in the midrange. Prior to this 4 game stretch, nearly half of his total shots were 3s. In that stretch, it is down to 43% of his total shots being 3s. He has also gone to the foul line 25 times (a result of better looks), which is about a third of his season total in just 4 games, making 19-25 (76%).

Hopefully he continues with those adjustments and doesn’t revert back to settling for 3s, because defensively, teams should back off and make him beat them from there. As you said, it’s as good as a TO, at this point.

Definitely don't agree with those who say "bench bowden" or think he is a useless member of the team at times. But it just baffles me that one of our best shooters has gone into such a horrific slump and isn't even close on a lot of shots.

His defense is top notch and he can get to the foul line better than anyone on our team when he wants to. Wish he would slash to the basket more times per game. Wouldn't mind seeing him get 4-5 more 2pt attempts a game.

Definitely don't agree with those who say "bench bowden" or think he is a useless member of the team at times. But it just baffles me that one of our best shooters has gone into such a horrific slump and isn't even close on a lot of shots.

His defense is top notch and he can get to the foul line better than anyone on our team when he wants to. Wish he would slash to the basket more times per game. Wouldn't mind seeing him get 4-5 more 2pt attempts a game.
Bowden and Vescovi seem to be the only ones who can create their own shot off the dribble. Fulk if he gets it relatively close to the basket. Bowden seems to be the more successful as Vescovi is a bit wild from what I have seen. Would love to see Bowden force the issue early taking it to the rack and try to get Richards in trouble early. Hopefully Barnes is telling Bowen he needs to get to the rim more. I also believe if he can get going early and get to the rim with some success then that will make him much more comfortable from the perimeter as well. I do not know a lot about basketball but it seems weird to me that we have what appears to be our most consistent player in Fulk always at the top of the key running the offense through him. Would think we would try to get him more isolation plays down low instead of always handing the ball off at the top of the key. Again I am sure there is a reason for it and sure someone will enlighten me. Just seems odd.

Kentucky is meh this year even despite they keep getting top recruiting classes. Its fairly obvious what Coach Cal is doing over there...makes no sense for kids to keep getting under-coached there unless they keep getting paid.

Even so, they will beat us tomorrow. Our team is down, but I expect us to be better next year when both teams have top classes.

Do you realize when they give a team a 53% chance to win, theyre going to be right about half the time?
Not really going by the percentage as much as who they favor as the winner. But they also have wider margins at times on there and are wrong quite often. My point is it's silly to go by who they think wins the game and they never seem to adjust things based on the season a team is having either.

Not really going by the percentage as much as who they favor as the winner. But they also have wider margins at times on there and are wrong quite often. My point is it's silly to go by who they think wins the game and they never seem to adjust things based on the season a team is having either.
They’re right 73% of the time. The Vegas line is correct 74%. Theyre not that bad

Reactions: ScottyP5

VN Store

Back