UT under potential NCAA investigation for NIL

You remember when LSU basically told the NCAA to kick rocks? Or perhaps when the NCAA caught North Carolina making fake classes for players? Or more recently Michigan stealing signs from other schools?

NCAA is a useless, impotent organization and has been for some time.

The question would probably be how our opponents would react. Would all the other teams walk away from the NCAA? Or would they stay, play and declare a win because UT played a player deemed ineligible? So even if we are 12-0 all the opponents get that win. The only way it works is if other schools do the same thing.
Oh I realized a 12-0 ..11/1 team would not be a real champion. No bowls etc, but someone has to stand up to the NCAA and show them they are no longer relevant with their bullying tactics.
They'll drag this crap out for years like they always do if you don't land a knock out punch.
Since they decided to pick a fight we might as well be that program to stand up to them.
I would be surprised if other programs didn't jump on board with Tennessee.

You remember when LSU basically told the NCAA to kick rocks? Or perhaps when the NCAA caught North Carolina making fake classes for players? Or more recently Michigan stealing signs from other schools?

NCAA is a useless, impotent organization and has been for some time.
I'm not sure about your memory. I remember when Wade, LSU, AND Wade's new team McNeese ALL got sanctions from the NCAA over the mess at LSU and LSU doing nothing about it and then McNeese hiring Wade.

Oh I realized a 12-0 ..11/1 team would not be a real champion. No bowls etc, but someone has to stand up to the NCAA and show them they are no longer relevant with their bullying tactics.
They'll drag this crap out for years like they always do if you don't land a knock out punch.
Since they decided to pick a fight we might as well be that program to stand up to them.
I would be surprised if other programs didn't jump on board with Tennessee.
They will jump on board when they know for a fact it’s a lock. They don’t want Tennessee being the school thats known to have stood up for the players. On the other hand they don’t want to be associated with us if it turns out bad.

The question would probably be how our opponents would react. Would all the other teams walk away from the NCAA? Or would they stay, play and declare a win because UT played a player deemed ineligible? So even if we are 12-0 all the opponents get that win. The only way it works is if other schools do the same thing.
Michigan was caught cheating twice last year, and was "allowed" to win a championship. they aren't going to keep us out for one player.

They will jump on board when they know for a fact it’s a lock. They don’t want Tennessee being the school thats known to have stood up for the players. On the other hand they don’t want to be associated with us if it turns out bad.
And everybody with a brain will call them fence straddlers. Everybody already knows we were the school that stood up first. GBO

Michigan was caught cheating twice last year, and was "allowed" to win a championship. they aren't going to keep us out for one player.
They can’t keep us out. If they give us any punishments before a final ruling a injunction could be slapped on them easily. GBO. I don’t think the NCAA wants to poke the judicial bear. It would be a fatal mistake for them.

They can’t keep us out. If they give us any punishments before a final ruling a injunction could be slapped on them easily. GBO. I don’t think the NCAA wants to poke the judicial beat. It would be a fatal mistake for them.

That injunction is huge. We can continue to go about our business now. It’s funny the organization that postures itself as one that cares about the kids, is fighting tooth and nail to keep them from improving their lives. All this talk about racism and uplifting black people and this what the NCAA chooses. Some of these guys come from absolute poverty and the ability to make $100k in a season can drastically improve their lives. But the NCAA rather them stay poor. Sounds like a certain political party

That injunction is huge. We can continue to go about our business now. It’s funny the organization that postures itself as one that cares about the kids, is fighting tooth and nail to keep them from improving their lives. All this talk about racism and uplifting black people and this what the NCAA chooses. Some of these guys come from absolute poverty and the ability to make $100k in a season can drastically improve their lives. But the NCAA rather them stay poor. Sounds like a certain political party
That's not even the most ridiculous part about it to me.

The money in college sports got huge, more than enough for everyone, and not once did they considered letting the student athletes benefit from people using their name or face.

This is the NCAA in a nutshell, with all that is going on today and now they are going to forbid snacks being put in a recruit or a parent of a recruits room. Really???? And folks wonder why nobody likes the NCAA. They make rules like this to get inside a programs business. It is glaring with this asinine rule that they aren’t learning a dadgum thing. Pathetic NCAA just utterly pathetic.

Last edited:
Reminds when they put a limit on how big the season yearbook could be back when Fulmer was running the show. We always had the biggest shiniest one and mailed them coast to coast to recruits (we also had the biggest recruiting budget in the country). The little whiney schools - I wanna say it was Wake Forest for some reason- said it wasn’t fair.

Reactions: davethevol
They want to be in every little thing. Heaven forbid you leave a gift pack of chips and drinks in a hotel room. I thought they were gonna streamline their rule book. They are hell bent on doing business as usual.
I really think those dumb little rules, which don’t address anything of importance, exist so that the NCAA can have an open door to snoop around and find something more substantial. Surely there isn’t some idiot up there that thinks decoration of a hotel room or snacks is a big enough problem to address.

Or maybe the NCAA is into creating jobs for compliance departments to keep track of their ridiculous rule book like the IRS creates jobs with a over complicated tax code.

Or maybe some bureaucrat is up there trying to justify their job so they spend time coming up with dumbass rules.

I’m checking in to provide my daily “the NCAA sucks” post as a meaningless contribution to this thread.

But seriously, the NCAA and their hapless agenda-driven selective enforcement retroactive nonsense can get bent.

And the rest of college football programs who are watching from the sidelines asTennessee and Virginia fight on can suck it too.

I really think those dumb little rules, which don’t address anything of importance, exist so that the NCAA can have an open door to snoop around and find something more substantial. Surely there isn’t some idiot up there that thinks decoration of a hotel room or snacks is a big enough problem to address.

Or maybe the NCAA is into creating jobs for compliance departments to keep track of their ridiculous rule book like the IRS creates jobs with a over complicated tax code.

Or maybe some bureaucrat is up there trying to justify their job so they spend time coming up with dumbass rules.
You are exactly right, nothing but a invitation to snoop. All schools should raise 10 shades of Haiti when they come down with rules like this. It is not helping things at all. GBO

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan
This is the NCAA in a nutshell, with all that is going on today and now they are going to forbid snacks being put in a recruit or a parent of a recruits room. Really???? And folks wonder why nobody likes the NCAA. They make rules like this to get inside a programs business. It is glaring with this asinine rule that they aren’t learning a dadgum thing. Pathetic NCAA just utterly pathetic.
Heavin forbid you invite some recruits to a barbecue.

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan

VN Store

Back