UT to Music City Bowl vs Nebraska

I'm sorry man, I really am but no.

It's never okay to want TN to get "curb stomped".:crazy:

Butch did not need to be fired after the Vandy game.

Those two alone are evidence, to me, that he "doesn't get it".

Well, like I said, I don't want them to get curb stomped either, he needs to turn in his vfl card for that, but I've seen all I needed to outta butch..

Reactions: 1 person
Well, like I said, I don't want them to get curb stomped either, he needs to turn in his vfl card for that, but I've seen all I needed to outta butch..

And that's fine, I have no issue with that.

Where you and I disagree, is firing him now. And this is where I call you confused. You think I'm a Butch apologists, Butch lover, Butch worshippers, settling for mediocrity......whatever you guys are calling it these days, just because I'm not comfortable firing him right now.

I don't want to feel like we settled when we hire the next coach, and that's how Im afraid I would feel if we did it now. Not to mention everything else that's involved.

I dont ever want us to lose. But he gets it..

No he doesn't get it. Comments like his and folks actually liking it is why the players feel the fans are against them.

Some of you need to either support this team or go find another team to support.

And that's fine, I have no issue with that.

Where you and I disagree, is firing him now. And this is where I call you confused. You think I'm a Butch apologists, Butch lover, Butch worshippers, settling for mediocrity......whatever you guys are calling it these days, just because I'm not comfortable firing him right now.

I don't want to feel like we settled when we hire the next coach, and that's how Im afraid I would feel if we did it now. Not to mention everything else that's involved.
I get that and respect your opinion. I look at like, why delay the inevitable? He's had too many coaching blunders, the team played uninspired, and I think we've seen the best he has to offer.. I know.. Well who are we gonna get, we don't have an AD. I get all that.. We need to finally open the check book, and they will come, the administration needs to get on board or get outta the way.

No he doesn't get it. Comments like his and folks actually liking it is why the players feel the fans are against them.

Some of you need to either support this team or go find another team to support.

Never said I didn't support the team, I haven't seen others say that either, except for that bozo a couple of posts up.. We just don't support butch. And seen enough not to support him..

I get that and respect your opinion. I look at like, why delay the inevitable? He's had too many coaching blunders, the team played uninspired, and I think we've seen the best he has to offer.. I know.. Well who are we gonna get, we don't have an AD. I get all that.. We need to finally open the check book, and they will come, the administration needs to get on board or get outta the way.[/QUOTE]

That's been said on this board for every hire in every major sport for as long as I can remember and there is no reason to think it will be any different this time.

The rationale is always, "It can't be any worse".

But that's not true, look at where the football program went with Dooley. Look at where the basketball program went after Martin.

The reality is that Hart has no power. We don't have a chancellor until mid December and if it's not gonna be Blackburn, then who knows when we could have an AD.

You and I certainly disagree on whether Jones should be fired for going 8-4 after where we have been...but I have a hard time understanding why you and others think this a good time to fire/hire anyone.

I get that and respect your opinion. I look at like, why delay the inevitable? He's had too many coaching blunders, the team played uninspired, and I think we've seen the best he has to offer.. I know.. Well who are we gonna get, we don't have an AD. I get all that.. We need to finally open the check book, and they will come, the administration needs to get on board or get outta the way.[/QUOTE]

That's been said on this board for every hire in every major sport for as long as I can remember and there is no reason to think it will be any different this time.

The rationale is always, "It can't be any worse".

But that's not true, look at where the football program went with Dooley. Look at where the basketball program went after Martin.

The reality is that Hart has no power. We don't have a chancellor until mid December and if it's not gonna be Blackburn, then who knows when we could have an AD.

You and I certainly disagree on whether Jones should be fired for going 8-4 after where we have been...but I have a hard time understanding why you and others think this a good time to fire/hire anyone.
Why? What do you think is gonna change next year? We won't be as talented as this year, he's gonna make the same blunders next year as he's done the past two years, recruiting is already taking a hit, he's ran off a third of the players he's brought in, there will be more during the off This off season. Myabe if he didn't do that, we would have quality depth. He tells his team team to own it and cuts out on the press conference after the candy game, sick of his press conferences. So why not now? You tell me, he's peaked, I don't think its go na get any better. And if he proves me wrong, great. I'll apologize and say I was wrong.

Last edited:
I get that and respect your opinion. I look at like, why delay the inevitable? He's had too many coaching blunders, the team played uninspired, and I think we've seen the best he has to offer.. I know.. Well who are we gonna get, we don't have an AD. I get all that.. We need to finally open the check book, and they will come, the administration needs to get on board or get outta the way.

I don't think you do "get it".

Why delay the inevitable? I've told you why, and you said you get it. But yet you don't.

And, we're not sure they will ever "open the check book" and get on board" but most are certain we won't right now. How can you not get that? How could you say you get all of that, and still want to fire him anyway? I could say you are more concerned about your emotions and feelings than you are the program, but I won't.

I really don't know what else to say .

Bartle doo?

I don't think you do "get it".

Why delay the inevitable? I've told you why, and you said you get it. But yet you don't.

And, we're not sure they will ever "open the check book" and get on board" but most are certain we won't right now. How can you not get that? How could you say you get all of that, and still want to fire him anyway? I could say you are more concerned about your emotions and feelings than you are the program, but I won't.

I really don't know what else to say .

Bartle doo?
I ment I get why you feel the way you do and about why you say, how now is not a good time.. But I feel differently, I can see your point of view, just trying to let you see my point of view..am I more concerned about my emotions and feelings, maybe.. I'm tired of us losing, I'm tired of being mediocre, I'm tired of hearing, just wait till next year, and then being laughed at, tired of hearing, some ole Tennessee.. And you know what? Next year will be the same.. I want a coach who knows how to coach, Even if it means getting a new coach, a proven coach. Right now.

Why? What do you think is gonna change next year? We won't be as talented as this year, he's gonna make the same blunders next year as he's done the past two years, recruiting is already taking a hit, he's ran off a third of the players he's brought in, there will be more during the off This off season. Myabe if he didn't do that, we would have quality depth. He tells his team team to own it and cuts out on the press conference after the candy game, sick of his press conferences. So why not now? You tell me, he's peaked, I don't think its go na get any better. And if he proves me wrong, great. I'll apologize and 21st I was wrong.

Even if I agreed with all of your points regarding Jones and the team going forward...

I certainly don't want Hart making the next hire.

The new chancellor wants to be involved in the hiring of a new AD, which makes sense, obviously.

There is a time table involved that isn't flexible regarding the Chancellor, but we have no clue when the AD will be hired. She won't be doing anything until Dec. 15th which is a full week later than when Jones was hired.

Then an AD could be hired. There are a handful of schools, Oregon, Baylor etc... who have the clout/cash to wait out the bowl games, championship, to try to pull a big boy, the rest are going to be gobbling up the hot up and comers and the HC's willing to leave their current programs for greener pastures.

The crop to choose from by the time we have a chancellor and AD in place will leave you with slim pickings.

It's reality.

Even if I agreed with all of your points regarding Jones and the team going forward...

I certainly don't want Hart making the next hire.

The new chancellor wants to be involved in the hiring of a new AD, which makes sense, obviously.

There is a time table involved that isn't flexible regarding the Chancellor, but we have no clue when the AD will be hired. She won't be doing anything until Dec. 15th which is a full week later than when Jones was hired.

Then an AD could be hired. There are a handful of schools, Oregon, Baylor etc... who have the clout/cash to wait out the bowl games, championship, to try to pull a big boy, the rest are going to be gobbling up the hot up and comers and the HC's willing to leave their current programs for greener pastures.

The crop to choose from by the time we have a chancellor and AD in place will leave you with slim pickings.

It's reality.
Oh, believe me, I don't Hart anywhere near this hiring..

But you just said, you want a new coach ....right now.

Okay, I am the one that doesn't get it. Glad we got that settled.

Good night.

Yeah I said I wanted a new coach, never said I wanted hart to make the hire..

VN Store

Back