UT Sports Arkansas game preview

mcannon1

HOOPS CENTRAL: #7/9 Lady Vols at Arkansas - University of Tennessee Athletics

"The match-up will feature the nation's number-one team in field goal percentage defense in UT vs. a UA squad that has hit 118 three-pointers, with a trio of players combining for more treys (62) than UT has hit as a team (56) the entire season."

This is interesting. Our perimeter defense has improved somewhat over the last several years. Hope we can limit Arkansas' 3 point shooters.

Last edited:
HOOPS CENTRAL: #7/9 Lady Vols at Arkansas - University of Tennessee Athletics

"The match-up will feature the nation's number-one team in field goal percentage defense in UT vs. a UA squad that has hit 118 three-pointers, with a trio of players combining for more treys (62) than UT has hit as a team (56) the entire season."

This is interesting. Our perimeter defense has improved somewhat over the last several years. Hope we can limit Arkansas' 3 point shooters.
Yes, thanks for reprinting the pre game article from the game thread. No need to start your own game thread.

Yes, thanks for reprinting the pre game article from the game thread. No need to start your own game thread.

Lol Rickster

You might wanna think about taking it down a notch with the thread control. o_ONobody is getting hurt if there are duplications here.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Lol Rickster

You might wanna think about taking it down a notch with the thread control. o_ONobody is getting hurt if there are duplications here.

It's still much more efficient for the posters to have all the information in the same thread. We have to click on both threads to ensure we are getting all the pregame info and comments. Makes no sense to have two, three or more separate threads for the same topic. It's just common sense.

Lol Rickster

Was not the first time. I am low key normally but if you would like multiple game threads, thats okay, start another one.

Lol Rickster

he might be afraid someone might steal it from him

he might be afraid someone might steal it from him

Not at all. Just splitting up the exchanges makes little sense. He can do his own game thread if he wants. Anyone can start a thread, just call it for what it is. You can do the same. We can have 10 game threads.

So what do y'all think about TN's perimeter defense? Will we be able to limit AR's threes? Definitely give TN the advantage in rebounds and points in the paint; also bench points.

So what do y'all think about TN's perimeter defense? Will we be able to limit AR's threes? Definitely give TN the advantage in rebounds and points in the paint; also bench points.

Think of the defensive terror that JH, BM and JW have become.
Even Darby is a good perimeter defender. SHe closes out on her arc-shooter pretty good,,It is when her opponent takes her to the hoop from the arc that she has to learn were to get more foot-speed....Defense is not all about quickness, sometimes out-thinking your opponent is the best tactic.

I teach a defense I call "foosball" defense... (In the game of foosball it is next to impossible to beat a good "pull shot" from a dead-stop, so you have to beat your opponent there and have a plan for the opening you left by camping out on their shot).

I teach tactics like: drop-step so your opponent thinks "you think" they're about to crossover, then switch-step back into a traditional stance. and do this before they try to take your opening. It confuses the ball-handler if the defender can show ability to defend both a strong-side dribble and a crossover too.,,,I also push for them to utilize jab-stepping,,sporadic swipes in the path of the BHers crossover path,,,,,

Defense is an art.

Defense is an art.

Better yet, defense is an art that comes from the heart.

What Miles has is rare. So rare, in fact, that I would be hard pressed to name even five players since Debbie Black who have been quite as excited to get to pester the holy crap out of opponents with the same fire as I've already seen on several occasions from Brooklynn. I'm honestly in awe of the potential in this kid. Good gosh, Kellie hit the jackpot with this one.

Last edited:
Obviously I'm in the minority here, but even split conversations don't bother me. At all. Just gives me more to read. :D

Reactions: mcannon1
Better yet, defense is an art that comes from the heart.

What Miles has is rare. So rare, in fact, that I would be hard pressed to name even five players since Debbie Black who have been quite as excited to get to pester the holy crap out of opponents with the same fire as I've already seen on several occasions from Brooklynn. I'm honestly in awe of the potential in this kid. Good gosh, Kellie hit the jackpot with this one.

Last edited:
If someone would be so kind and post the replay to youtube for me to view later, I would highly appreciate it. I have family obligations today and will not be able to watch or listen to the game live.

VN Store

Back