UT should be ashamed scheduling a team

Middle Tennessee 24 Auburn 7 end first quarter.
Georgia 10 Butler 7 after one quarter
South Dakota State 18 Notre Dame 11 end first quarter

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
So we schedule the bottom 10🤷‍♂️

“We”? I just support the team I didn’t do anything of the scheduling😂

I have enjoyed the ladies being challenged more in practice and seeing a higher level of effort. Do I think they will hit some rough patches ... Yep! But I also am interested to seeing how they respond.

I feel like people have said over and over that the teams that came in here to play Pat and her teams aren’t coming in anymore.

Do I think the schedule will be back in the top 50 SOS yes I do but for this team that got hit with a lot I think this suits them and they will be fine when it’s all over because we have a coach who seems to teach the game and is using wins to teach instead of just settling

But anyways I think this is my last post on this subject as there are more exciting things to discuss in LV land 😃 have a good one !

“We”? I just support the team I didn’t do anything of the scheduling😂

I have enjoyed the ladies being challenged more in practice and seeing a higher level of effort. Do I think they will hit some rough patches ... Yep! But I also am interested to seeing how they respond.

I feel like people have said over and over that the teams that came in here to play Pat and her teams aren’t coming in anymore.

Do I think the schedule will be back in the top 50 SOS yes I do but for this team that got hit with a lot I think this suits them and they will be fine when it’s all over because we have a coach who seems to teach the game and is using wins to teach instead of just settling

But anyways I think this is my last post on this subject as there are more exciting things to discuss in LV land 😃 have a good one !
Right now by season end according to the rpi site were scheduled to end with a sos in the 20's which is not great but not terrible either.

Parody definition is - a literary or musical work in which the style of an author or work is closely imitated for comic effect or in ridicule. How to use parody in a sentence. Synonym Discussion of parody.
What the Lady Vols have presented as basketball the last few years has been a parody of how the game should be played.

NO we schedule teams have no idea where they will finish in their league. Same for everyone else. We've played Middle Tennessee many times. We play teams who are willing to come to Tennessee and play not everyone is willing to do that.

We also can't project two years prior, when the contract for a home and home is made,,,that their team would drop from top to out of sight...We played ND hurt and now Texas is hurt...kills the rpi it should have been

It isn't what we did, its what are we doing...Stanford, Texas, Uconn, Notre Dame. In teams like these, we've got the tops coming in, and we've got bottoms,,,need more middles and pretty goods

Man our fanbase can be really, really dumb sometimes.

Reactions: Amb3096
There are lots of small schools with good programs that would come here and play such as S. Dakota St, Drake, Dayton. And many others that would not require a home and home to play. Yet we seem to schedule the ones who are coming off the year before going 5-25. For those who defend this “we are back” 🤷‍♂️

You sure about that? Those teams specifically?

I’ll say it again, it’s more complicated than calling a team up and saying “you’re on our schedule.” Dayton didn’t want to do a game four years ago, insisted on a home-and home because their AD limits their non-conference travel. They needed an opponent that could come there the next season and Ut didn’t have an opening for a road game because we were committed to the maximum number of road games that we could have.

Would South Dakota St. come here? At what cost? Do they require UT to pay only travel expenses or travel plus a guarantee? It’s not cheap to charter an airplane from South Dakota and just as expensive to fly them commercial.

Also, scheduling is mostly done two years out, so schedule a mid-major team today that is good and they’re a coach moving up away from being the worst team in their conference. It’s a bit of a guessing game. So you find the teams that you can and that will work on your schedules.

Arkansas-PB had people on staff that our former Director of Operations knew from his time in the state of Arkansas. They needed a game, we needed a game. They were willing to come here for expenses without a cash guarantee on top. We scheduled the game, we played a game.

VN Store

Back