UT Room

Finally got around to posting some pictures of my Tennessee room. At my last house, I had a checkerboard on my ceiling tiles. Here, I wanted to try to do a checkerboard on the floor. I also wanted to incorporate the Smokey Gray pattern, so I decided to paint it on the back wall. Over the years, I have collected items that are meaningful to me, but maybe not valued by many others... My favorite items are in the front right corner of the room. They are from my Dad’s days at UT. He played on the freshmen football and basketball teams in the mid 60s.

View attachment 241710View attachment 241711View attachment 241712View attachment 241713View attachment 241714View attachment 241715View attachment 241716View attachment 241717View attachment 241718

Very nice Miller đź‘Ť.

Reactions: MillerTime80
Very nice! I am super jealous.

But I don't know if I could pee with Pat looking at me like that...

That’s fair... I just thought it would funny to put Head in “the head.”

BTW, that print, and two of the others in the bathroom (Rocky Top & Neyland) were done by Volnation’s PeytonBerry.

This is really amazing! I love the checkerboard floor and the gray wall with the Power T and the Smoky Mountains background, and that split Power T door handles is the perfect finishing touch! Well done! 🧡

Last edited:
Finally got around to posting some pictures of my Tennessee room. At my last house, I had a checkerboard on my ceiling tiles. Here, I wanted to try to do a checkerboard on the floor. I also wanted to incorporate the Smokey Gray pattern, so I decided to paint it on the back wall. Over the years, I have collected items that are meaningful to me, but maybe not valued by many others... My favorite items are in the front right corner of the room. They are from my Dad’s days at UT. He played on the freshmen football and basketball teams in the mid 60s.

View attachment 241710View attachment 241711View attachment 241712View attachment 241713View attachment 241714View attachment 241715View attachment 241716View attachment 241717View attachment 241718
Nice! You need a waterless urinal in which you could put the weekly opponent-themed urinal screens. That would be boss.

Wow!!! That is awesome! I love the smoky gray Smoky Mountains background on the wall. The floor is legit. Love the coffee table with the Tennessee cut out on it. The nap nook is perfect and love the boxes underneath with the lighting. You should be an interior designer. I know plenty of people that would pay good money for a room that looked like that!

Wow, nice. Make sure you invite all your closest Bama fans over for TSIO...they'll break out in hives. What's your favorite item (pix/jersey/ball, etc) in the room?

Dude, Pat Summitt don’t wanna watch you take a dump.

This is really amazing! I love the checkerboard floor and the gray wall with the Power T and the Smoky Mountains background, but that split Power T door handles is the perfect finishing touch! Well done! 🧡

Thanks. I was trying to think of something to do with the doors and then it hit me. I was kinda surprised I couldn’t find anyone who already sold them...

Wow, nice. Make sure you invite all your closest Bama fans over for TSIO...they'll break out in hives. What's your favorite item (pix/jersey/ball, etc) in the room?

Thanks! My favorite items are my Dad’s sweater & his 82 jersey. I also have a photo of him in the box from one of his visits and a pic from a dinner with Dickey and Cafego (he is the one who recruited my Dad).

Reactions: Bennessee01

THAT is one serious UT Room! Congrats!!

Would have nixed the tile, in favor of Orange Shag Carpet.

Not only is it a great TN room, its a very nice and functional area.

Some orange shag would have been something... I did consider the orange and white carpet tiles you find online. In the end, I did some research and decided on epoxy. It took quite a bit time to tape everything off to simulate grout lines, but I am pleased with the final product.

Reactions: Jackcrevol

VN Store

Back