UT Receiving Votes in Coaches Poll

iu

Regardless of what the poll says - LSU, UGA, Bama, Auburn, UF, Clemson, OSU, and OU are the only schools that I feel should be favored against us right now.
I would like our chances against everyone else (even few of those on that list that beat us this year would probably not want to play us again right now).

Currently 7 non power 5 teams (including ND) are ranked. In my opinion only 3 or 4 of them ND, Memphis, Boise St. and possibly App St. are legitimate teams as I can see no reason for a 2 loss non power 5 school to be ranked unless they have some big wins against ranked or bowl eligible power 5 schools. Even a 1 loss non power 5 needs a little help to be ranked like history or a great quality win. That said Memphis, Boise St., App St., and ND have a combined ONE win against a top 25 power 5 school and that's ND beating currently #22 UVA.

#25 Air Force 10-2 (best win Colorado) , #20 App St (best wins Louisiana, S. Carolina and N. Carolina none ranked) #21 Cincinnati (best win UCLA) and #23 Navy (best win SMU, did not play a power 5 school, played ND and got beat 52-10)

These teams are just ranked because of their records against trash schedules. This needs to be addressed seriously by the NCAA. The polls reward wins over quality of games at a very disproportionate rate.

Other wtfs?
8-4 USC ranked #24 but 8-4 K St is not ranked and they beat Oklahoma?
10-2 Bama ranked 9th while 10-2 Wisconsin is 10th? Bama's best win is Tennessee (t34) and Wisconsin has wins over Michigan, Minnesota and Iowa who are all currently ranked. Wtf?
In fact every power 5 school that is 10-2 (Florida, Wisconsin, Penn St., Minnesota and Oregon) have better wins than Bama. Bama is ranked higher because they never lost big. However, they didn't have the quality wins I believe are needed to be ranked top 10 as a 2 loss team.
Bama has only beaten 4 bowl eligible teams in 2019. That's the same amount as Tennessee has beaten. Let that sink in.

Just my thoughts...

Regardless of what the poll says - LSU, UGA, Bama, Auburn, UF, Clemson, OSU, and OU are the only schools that I feel should be favored against us right now.
I would like our chances against everyone else (even few of those on that list that beat us this year would probably not want to play us again right now).

tenor.gif

Should we beat a team like Michigan in a bowl game could it be enough to sneak us into the final Top 25?
I thought if we won a bowl we'd be somewhere around 30-35. If we're there now and beat a ranked team, I would think we would. It would really be cool, considering how we started.

That said, Ill be tickled to death with a bowl win and to not be in the bottom half of all of football.

Reactions: mercuryvol
Only 30 spots away to no.#4, a playoff spot . Whoohoo. Climbing slowly. We’re there...Now, let’s climb on up.

Lol you can't be serious 😂

If we beat a ranked team and enough ranked teams lose their bowls, we definitely end up ranked. The national media are definitely starting to notice.

Reactions: golfballs
Oh by the way folks, here ya go
The Jefferson's Theme Song Video1:10 · YouTube
Lyrics
Well, we're moving on up to the east side
To a deluxe apartment in the sky
Moving on up to the east side
We finally got a piece of the pie
Fish don't fry in the kitchen
Beans don't burn on the grill
Took a whole lotta trying
Just to get up that hill
Now we're up in the big leagues
Getting our turn at bat
As long as we live, it's you and me baby
There ain't nothing wrong with that
Well, we're moving on up to the east side
To a deluxe apartment in the sky
Moving on up to the east side
We finally got a piece of the pie
😂😂

Reactions: rikberry31
Currently 7 non power 5 teams (including ND) are ranked. In my opinion only 3 or 4 of them ND, Memphis, Boise St. and possibly App St. are legitimate teams as I can see no reason for a 2 loss non power 5 school to be ranked unless they have some big wins against ranked or bowl eligible power 5 schools. Even a 1 loss non power 5 needs a little help to be ranked like history or a great quality win. That said Memphis, Boise St., App St., and ND have a combined ONE win against a top 25 power 5 school and that's ND beating currently #22 UVA.

#25 Air Force 10-2 (best win Colorado) , #20 App St (best wins Louisiana, S. Carolina and N. Carolina none ranked) #21 Cincinnati (best win UCLA) and #23 Navy (best win SMU, did not play a power 5 school, played ND and got beat 52-10)

These teams are just ranked because of their records against trash schedules. This needs to be addressed seriously by the NCAA. The polls reward wins over quality of games at a very disproportionate rate.

Other wtfs?
10-2 Bama ranked 9th while 10-2 Wisconsin is 10th? Bama's best win is Tennessee (t34) and Wisconsin has wins over Michigan, Minnesota and Iowa who are all currently ranked. Wtf?
In fact every power 5 school that is 10-2 (Florida, Wisconsin, Penn St., Minnesota and Oregon) have better wins than Bama. Bama is ranked higher because they never lost big. However, they didn't have the quality wins I believe are needed to be ranked top 10 as a 2 loss team.
Bama has only beaten 4 bowl eligible teams in 2019. That's the same amount as Tennessee has beaten. Let that sink in.

Just my thoughts...
We only beat 3 bowl eligibility teams this year, and they are, UAB (out best win), Miss State, and Kentucky. Mizzou can't go to a bowl, south Carolina doesn't have enough wins and neither does vandy. Chattanooga is a FCS opponent so they don't count for FBS bowl eligibility.

Other wtfs?

Just my thoughts...

We would have beaten bama by 10 or more this year if either Bray, Ainge, Clausen, Manning or Shuler are our qbs. Might have even beaten them with Kelly.

This year’s Bama team was not very good.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back