UT Power Broker New Association?

madbamahater

While the University of Tennessee is at it, changing college football forever, why stop here?

Tennessee should use this opportunity to start a new college football organization with the SEC and Big whatever they are and possibly the ACC.

This may even save the ACC so to speak. Let whoever else doesn't want to come play only with the big boys, stay in the NCAA.

I know there have been talks of meetings and discussions. This is Tennessee's chance to lead the charge, again. I say push for the new association's office to be in Nashville. The inaugural new association's national championship game can be played in the new Titan's stadium.

Get the major networks to fight and bid over the media rights and it would quickly generate billions of contractual dollars. Maybe even record breaking dollars.

While the University of Tennessee is at it, changing college football forever, why stop here?

Tennessee should use this opportunity to start a new college football organization with the SEC and Big whatever they are and possibly the ACC.

This may even save the ACC so to speak. Let whoever else doesn't want to come play only with the big boys, stay in the NCAA.

I know there have been talks of meetings and discussions. This is Tennessee's chance to lead the charge, again. I say push for the new association's office to be in Nashville. The inaugural new association's national championship game can be played in the new Titan's stadium.

Get the major networks to fight and bid over the media rights and it would quickly generate billions of contractual dollars. Maybe even record breaking dollars.
IMG_2167.jpegIMG_2167.jpegIMG_2170.jpegIMG_2169.jpegIMG_2168.jpeg
Not everyone has boosters like this. We have many more rich people that didn’t even go to school at UT. These are just the four major players that allow us to throw down $8 million for a QB.

100% agree that the NCAA has failed. But, how will a new organization differ from the existing one? The NCAA is supposed to be comprised of- and run by- the NCAA schools it governs. Were the following folks supportive of Charlie Baker's decision to come after Tennessee with his trumped-up NIL charges?

Who are the NCAA Board of Governors

The NCAA Board of Governors is the highest governing body in the NCAA. Bringing together presidents and chancellors from each division, former student-athletes, along with select leaders from inside and outside the NCAA membership, the board is responsible for leading the NCAA and presiding over issues that affect the entire NCAA membership.

The new voting Board of Governors members are:
  • Mary-Beth Cooper, president, Springfield College.
  • Beth DeBauche, commissioner, Ohio Valley Conference.
  • John J. DeGioia, president, Georgetown University.
  • Grant Hill, independent member, co-owner of the Atlanta Hawks.
  • Linda Livingstone, president, Baylor University.
  • Jere Morehead, president, University of Georgia.
  • Steven Shirley, president, Minot State University.
  • Nadja West, independent member, 44th Surgeon General of the U.S. Army.
  • TBD, student-athlete.

Last edited:
Morehead 100% stood to benefit from taking us down. There’s no way UGAly cant see what’s happening in Knoxville.

I think what UT did yesterday by starting that Non profit is the first step to breaking away and forming a new organization. I assume its news because its UT, but other schools are working on it too, just behind closed doors.

I also think the NWO or whatever they end up calling it will be made of just the super conferences and not the smaller schools that rely on someone else to pay for their athletic programs. This will allow the conferences to run the show and make the rules and the little guys will take an immediate back seat.

I sincerely hope it doesn’t kill athletics for those small colleges and athletes. But i expect some casualties from this move, if/when it happens.

Last edited:
100% agree that the NCAA has failed. But, how will a new organization differ from the existing one? The NCAA is supposed to be comprised of- and run by- the NCAA schools it governs. Were the following folks supportive of Charlie Baker's decision to come after Tennessee with his trumped-up NIL charges?

Who are the NCAA Board of Governors

The NCAA Board of Governors is the highest governing body in the NCAA. Bringing together presidents and chancellors from each division, former student-athletes, along with select leaders from inside and outside the NCAA membership, the board is responsible for leading the NCAA and presiding over issues that affect the entire NCAA membership.

The new voting Board of Governors members are:
  • Mary-Beth Cooper, president, Springfield College.
  • Beth DeBauche, commissioner, Ohio Valley Conference.
  • John J. DeGioia, president, Georgetown University.
  • Grant Hill, independent member, co-owner of the Atlanta Hawks.
  • Linda Livingstone, president, Baylor University.
  • Jere Morehead, president, University of Georgia.
  • Steven Shirley, president, Minot State University.
  • Nadja West, independent member, 44th Surgeon General of the U.S. Army.
  • TBD, student-athlete.
Most of this list reads as “ Joe Shmuckatelli, President of Clown College of Directional Michigan” to me.

Reactions: #1HomeGrownUTVOL

VN Store

Back