UT-Martin Uniform Announced

Better than those smokey greys. One of my all-time favorites is from the 70's. I can see it with those orange helmets.
iu

If we’re paying for cupcake games, we might as well keep the money in-state and just play Martin every year. Call it the “Pat Summitt Classic” with proceeds going to the Pat Summitt Foundation.

Agreed. I never understood why, if we're going to schedule these cupcake games every year, why not keep the money in-state and rotate UT-Martin, ETSU, UTC, MTSU, Tenn Tech, etc.

Reactions: IndianaVol
I wish D1 schools would only schedule in state D2
I’ve always thought play the in state FCS schools in the spring and charge for them. Doesn’t count for your record just a “friendly” game. Then give the regular season one more FBS game. If you want to play an FCs game in the regular season then the win will not count to overall record.

Reactions: Other_Guy
Meh, my least favorite uniform combo is the all orange. Last time we trotted those out we lost multiple players to injuries. Blue for Pat is a good touch, but these uniforms don't crack top 10 for me of combinations.

OMFG what are we, four?? Our uniforms had absolutely NOTHING to do with it! Grow up!

UTM Is FCS not D2...Carson-Newman is D2 and I would hate to see my Eagles play the Vols. The Lady Vols/Lady Eagles Basketball Exhibition is murder enough lol
My apologies, I forget that and use them interchangeably.

Last edited:
Yeah, I got to thinking after my post and could only come up with Memphis and MTSU as in state G5 schools. I, selfishly, wouldn’t mind seeing them play Memphis again, but there’s numerous reasons why that’s a bad idea. MTSU I wouldn’t mind, but we’d be sure to get their best shot every year. Still, keeping it regional (WKU, Southern Miss, Troy, etc) would surely be more interesting than Akron or Ball State. Zero reason to schedule out of state FCS schools though.

Good point on the NCAA rules, I forgot only one FCS win could count. But anyway, this has already gone way off topic.
Hattiesburg is roughly the same distance from Knoxville as Akron, and Muncie is closer. Cincinnati, Miami U, Marshall, Appalachian State, and Georgia State come to mind as the closest G5 teams aside from MTSU (all are closer than Memphis).

I wish D1 schools would only schedule in state D2
clemson usually does this. they usually have wofford, citadel, sc state, or furman on their schedule. ive seen us have tenn tech and martin on the schedule a few times in recent years. it's really time for us to start playing memphis more often!

and yes i know those arent d2 schools.

Meh, my least favorite uniform combo is the all orange. Last time we trotted those out we lost multiple players to injuries. Blue for Pat is a good touch, but these uniforms don't crack top 10 for me of combinations.
Commie

Not top 10? Have we even had 10 different combos in your lifetime?

Reactions: Old Spice
If we’re paying for cupcake games, we might as well keep the money in-state and just play Martin every year. Call it the “Pat Summitt Classic” with proceeds going to the Pat Summitt Foundation.
That’s an awesome idea or ETSU or something, keep the money in state if possible

Last time we wore all Orange was last week against Alabama. I rest liked the outcome of that outing.

The way I read this is

White, Orange, Blue, Orange.....

Helmet, Jersey, Sleeve, Pants.....

If I'm right, since when did they start having to call out the helmet color?

Hmmmmmm.........
Helmet color has been called all year.

Bama

LSU had smokey gray and they hyped them differently.

Florida

Akron

You get the picture.

Reactions: GhostVol
Helmet color has been called all year.

Bama

LSU had smokey gray and they hyped them differently.

Florida

Akron

You get the picture.

Then I stand corrected!

But have they always called out helmet color in years past? If so, I reckon I've just missed it..... I'll admit that I've not paid that much attention to the game uni thread

VN Store

Back