UT Leaders Defend Dave Hart

And, my issue with Hart is not how he has handled the AD department's finances. He has done fine. Any decent bureaucrat could have done that. It wasn't hard. It is the way he has lied to the Vol Nation. I have a problem with leaders who lie. And, don't seem to have a problem doing it. Now Dave let's see the emails.

Reactions: 3 people
I fail to understand how success in one area of one's job automatically gives you a pass in all other areas of your job.

Hart has done a good job with the athletic department finances. It's possible that he has done a miraculous job; I haven't seen the spreadsheets, so cannot comment. But, there seems little doubt that he has handled that part of his job at least acceptably, if not well.

On the other hand, his handling -- or lack thereof -- of the Lady Vols debacle has ranged from clueless, to obstinate, to PR disaster, to possible lying and coverup. At the very least, he has made a complete shambles out of the change management process; you could write this up and use it as a case study in a business class on how NOT to handle a major branding change.

At this point, his lack of transparency is feeding the perception that he and the university have something to hide. Do they? I don't know - but they look and act as if they do. No answers to questions about studies and reports, no response to the obvious backlash from former athletes and coaches.

I myself don't like the decision itself; I think the Lady Vols logo and brand is one of the most recognizable and marketable ones in sports, and getting rid of it is a really stupid idea. But, I would be willing to give Hart the benefit of the doubt on it, if he presented a good case. Instead, he continues to whitewash, spin, fend off legitimate questions, and give the impression that "it's my department, by God, and I'll do what I want, and I don't have to explain myself, so there!"

Dave Hart -- balances the books, burns bridges.

Reactions: 6 people
Jimmy Cheek supporting Hart.............yea that really helps!! If the Trustees continue to support this idiot and Hart, then they need to be fired also.
Hart had an agenda when he arrived and so far has attempted to diminish one of the Top Womens programs in the nation..........he is being very successful. :mf_surrender:

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back