UT lands 6th in SEC SOS

Tennessee went 5-7 that year, so they still hurt Florida's SOS.

Someone took a dig, so I took a playful dog back.

Florida’s strength of schedule is not something anyone has ever had to question.

Those who do point to the same “don’t play anyone out of state” stuff (yet want us to play Miami and UCF every year).

FSU + the SEC has more often than not been a tougher schedule than most face.

But, to the point regarding the tongue and cheek reply, Alabama’s schedule is hurt by the fact that they don’t play Alabama. So, if Georgia isn’t on schedule it looks worse. They improve everyone’s strength of schedule and no team can help their strength of schedule at the same level.

At the same time, in most years Tennessee has hurt Florida’s strength of schedule and improved Tennessee’s

Well, I was educated in TN, which is probably why I understand that a 4-8 team and a 12-0 team get the same SOS effect if they play the same 5-7 team.

Well, I’m just trying to understand what significance SOS has for a 4-8 team.

The sad part, is that at the moment we contribute to several of those teams' weak SOS.
Agreed. The better we become, the stronger their SOS becomes. Conversely, our schedule gets weaker. lol

Someone took a dig, so I took a playful dog back.

Florida’s strength of schedule is not something anyone has ever had to question.

Those who do point to the same “don’t play anyone out of state” stuff (yet want us to play Miami and UCF every year).

FSU + the SEC has more often than not been a tougher schedule than most face.

But, to the point regarding the tongue and cheek reply, Alabama’s schedule is hurt by the fact that they don’t play Alabama. So, if Georgia isn’t on schedule it looks worse. They improve everyone’s strength of schedule and no team can help their strength of schedule at the same level.

At the same time, in most years Tennessee has hurt Florida’s strength of schedule and improved Tennessee’s

What kinda dog was it and where did you put it? Playful dogs are the best....

We'll see.

In all honesty, it really sucked to get beaten down by 4 scores. I can't imagine what it must be like to see it happen to my team every year.

You have absolutely no life spending your every waking second defending lord Saban s honor and ensuring there is appropriate deference paid to your worshiped tide in this site. Act smug all you want (you have my permission har, har, har) thinking being a Bama fan is a personal accomplishment. That doesn’t change the reality of your sad existence. Deep down you know it.

I’m with you on one thing. I don’t think the playoff should expand. The goal wasn’t to get every P5 champ in the playoff or to let everyone in that could possibly win it. The playoff started to make sure if more than 2 teams earned it on the field that those teams that earned it would get a shot. Basically, it started to avoid the arguments between teams 2 and 3, not between teams 4 and 5 as there aren’t 5+ teams who have earned a shot in any year based on SOS, record, and whatever else you want to consider. The debates this century like Auburn in 2004 and Bama or OK State come to mind. No one outside of Columbus cares that an Ohio St team that lost by 30 to Iowa didn’t make it so why expand to let them in?

I actualy agree to some extent, BUT I think one of the teams should be a representative of the non-power 5 schools. That would be fun (kind of like the NCAA tourney) and would allow everyone at least a theoretical shot to get in. Sure as **** makes more sense than letting Notre Dame in.

I actualy agree to some extent, BUT I think one of the teams should be a representative of the non-power 5 schools. That would be fun (kind of like the NCAA tourney) and would allow everyone at least a theoretical shot to get in. Sure as **** makes more sense than letting Notre Dame in.
Certainly not at 4 teams. I’m in the minority in not wanting expansion it seems but if we are going to expand I say go the route of basketball. Go to 16 teams with every single conference champion included. There are 10 FBS conferences and that still leaves 6 at large spots for the top teams that didn’t win their conference. Again, I prefer staying at 4 but if expansion is coming let’s go to 16 and let conference championships mean something.

About time we started easing off on these brutal schedules. This program needs a break while we dig out of this near 20 year hole we've dug for ourselves. I'm fine with a few cupcakes mixed into the SEC gauntlet.

We should play another FCS team each year!

VN Store

Back