UT Is 2nd Seed in Greenville, North Carolina Regional

Good cause one and done in hoover yet again

Utterly ridiculous we can't get out of the first round, it's still a good season overall but this program has a major inferiority complex when it comes to the SEC tournament. If they have a good showing in the NCAA tournament in won't matter but if they have a poor showing in the regionals this season will have lost a lot of its luster.

I heard an interesting fact listening to WNML yesterday while driving. It is extremely rare for SEC teams that have won National Championships to do well in the SEC tournament. More often than not, eventual National Champions from the SEC have been one and doners in the SEC tournament.

Utterly ridiculous we can't get out of the first round, it's still a good season overall but this program has a major inferiority complex when it comes to the SEC tournament. If they have a good showing in the NCAA tournament in won't matter but if they have a poor showing in the regionals this season will have lost a lot of its luster.

It will lose none of its luster, this team has way overachieved just by making a regional.

Hope everyone understands that practically every team in the SEC tournament (with possible exception to Florida and Missouri) will be in the NCAA tournament and several will probably be at Omaha. The SEC tournament fields better teams than any regional would ever field this year, IMHO. Especially the final four left in the tournament.

I hope the projection is correct. I like our chances there.
Seems like the projections I heard previously had us traveling quite a ways as a No. 2 seed. I think Greenville would be fantastic.

Hope everyone understands that practically every team in the SEC tournament (with possible exception to Florida and Missouri) will be in the NCAA tournament and several will probably be at Omaha. The SEC tournament fields better teams than any regional would ever field this year, IMHO. Especially the final four left in the tournament.
Wasn’t it a few years ago the SEC had 50% of the teams in Omaha?

I was disappointed with the loss yesterday but in retrospect may be a blessing in disguise. Let the guys rest a few extra days before the regional games next week.
Tony said during his interview during the game that our guys were very hyped up. He said he told them we are not in Omaha but Hoover. Must not have said it as loud as he talked on his way to the mound to get the hard throwing pitcher who threw nothing but 5 balls!

Hope this remains true. Going to OBX this weekend and could make a little bit of a detour or backtrack to see a game or two.

Reactions: txbo

VN Store

Back