'20 UT ILB Noah Sewell (Oregon commit)

Five years....

We need to develop what we are getting and that takes time. We have been .500 at best. Will take three years of winning 7-9 games then have to take the next step. If I could be guaranteed we win the SEC and get into a four team playoff in 2024, I would take it. Think of how Dabo got there. Once you get there, don’t get lazy and you can stay there awhile. Jmo

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
We looking at 12-17 type class? Seems like we are going to end underwhelming.
Are you an insider? Please provide the details why we are going to have an underwhelming finish. You do not have to disclose your contacts, just their positions or family connections to the recruits we are going after.

We looking at 12-17 type class? Seems like we are going to end underwhelming.
Yeah about 17th imo. Unless we win out including bowl I doubt we have a lot of recruiting excitement going on around us. Just gotta do better next year. And I'm sure we will be sitting here this same time next year saying the exact same thing.

Gonna get him in for a OV?
Sounds like he’s locked in on his playoffs but might still do a visit? Conflicting reports if he does more visits. His dad said he might, or might not.

His father said that he and his wife wouldn’t allow Noah to take an official and waste anyone’s time if a program didn’t already meet the standard of what they were looking for.

As of right now we don’t have anything else on the books. Everyone thinks I’m going to influence him to go one way or the other as far as setting trips. If he does, he does. If he doesn’t, he doesn’t. And my wife and I will support him.”

AN: I wanted to clarify, you had said that Noah may commit ‘before the season is over.’ Did you mean the college football season or his?

GS: “I think it may be his high school season.”

We are five years out before we even have a shot at winning the SEC. We can scream for recruiters but we better keep coaches who can develop and build the program because we won’t get ENOUGH of the elite guys to be able to out talent the top teams in the SEC.

Why 5?
Why not 2?

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Not going to happen that quickly.

Perhaps.
I just wanted to hear your thoughts about why.
I think by the end of next year, we'll be a top 5 SEC team.

Next year both lines will be strengths.
Our defense can be really stout...

We are five years out before we even have a shot at winning the SEC. We can scream for recruiters but we better keep coaches who can develop and build the program because we won’t get ENOUGH of the elite guys to be able to out talent the top teams in the SEC.
i don't know about the 5 years out deal. but i kinda agree with the rest. if you can continue to get core guys like we got in the 19 class, and develop the rest, you can build a really solid program doing that. and somewhere in there, we'll win enough where the elite guys start to jump in.

it does probably mean you're 2-3 years out from right now before you put a team on the field that can realistically have a shot at winning the SEC...to compete with the top of the West. i do think we'll be competitive next year in the East. don't think we're winning it. but i can see a top 3 division finish next year.....who knows, may get that this year....

That is the impact of having an underwhelming season 2. The losses to GaSt and BYU are having an impact on the image of the program. Momentum was shot.

That is the impact of having an underwhelming season 2. The losses to GaSt and BYU are having an impact on the image of the program. Momentum was shot.
It hurt out of the gate but we have a chance to more than double our SEC wins from last year and honestly other than a bowl game that’s what we should track progress on.

I agree with the second part and think Pruitt is exactly right for that, but I think your first statement is overly pessimistic.

The guys in THIS incoming class will win the SEC. They are going to LIVE and forever be remembered for the turn-around. Not just prepare it.

Nobody cares about that. Let it go. We are going to finish at the very top of the middle teams in the SEC this very year. Now we start to pick off the few teams at the top. I still say that without some obvious ref interference, we beat Bama this year. We are coming. When we have guys like Sewell and Bailey and the way our OL is revving up, look out!

VN Store

Back