'20 UT ILB Noah Sewell (Oregon commit)

That was how we felt about Henry To'oto'o last year.
Rocky Marciano, Rocky Marciano, every time we talk about boxing some white man gotta bring up Rocky Marciano...seriously, the real game changer for Henry T was when Tosh Lupoi and Bama parted ways. If Tosh was still at Bama, Henry T would have been there as well. Glad he isn't. He's played great and will only get better. Anyway, maybe Sewell's brother will get kicked off the team at Oregon and Kirby Smart will be hit by a meteor and we can get some Tosh leaving Bama style traction here.

He's OV'd Oregon and UGA, doesn't seem to have any others planned at this time, and we are in second place? I get that Nieds is good, but this seems like a reach.
K.

Best relationship with any coach is with Nieds. Unfortunately Oregon has his brother, they’re playing at a high level right now. It’s going to be hard to pull him but our main competition currently isn’t Georgia.

K.

Best relationship with any coach is with Nieds. Unfortunately Oregon has his brother, they’re playing at a high level right now. It’s going to be hard to pull him but our main competition currently isn’t Georgia.
No one can know that but the kid. Nieds is an exceptional recruiter but other teams have good recruiters too, that best relationship thing is just the kind of gossip that pops up on every message board for every team for every recruit every year, that some segments of every fan base tend to interpret every positive piece as true and discount every piece that isn't positive. I hope we get Sewell he's a stud but I have trouble believing we're in the final 2 with no OV having occurred and none currently planned. When one gets planned I'll get hyped too, until then I'm not going to pump myself up too much. If we finish with a Top 15-20 class I'll be more than happy with that after the way this year started.

No one can know that but the kid. Nieds is an exceptional recruiter but other teams have good recruiters too, that best relationship thing is just the kind of gossip that pops up on every message board for every team for every recruit every year, that some segments of every fan base tend to interpret every positive piece as true and discount every piece that isn't positive. I hope we get Sewell he's a stud but I have trouble believing we're in the final 2 with no OV having occurred and none currently planned. When one gets planned I'll get hyped too, until then I'm not going to pump myself up too much. If we finish with a Top 15-20 class I'll be more than happy with that after the way this year started.
I could be completely wrong. It certainly happens. Ask my wife. 😜 But I'm pretty sure I read an interview with him where he actually said he had the best relationship with Nieds.

I could be completely wrong. It certainly happens. Ask my wife. 😜 But I'm pretty sure I read an interview with him where he actually said he had the best relationship with Nieds.
I did a little digging last night to be sure I wasn't taking crazy pills. Rivals future cast has him in an Oregon/Georgia tie and then I found an article from 4 days ago where his dad says he has no visits planned at this time and is focused on his HS season. That doesn't rule out us getting an OV of course (or anyone else other than the Ducks and the Dwags) and I agree with the general consensus that he goes to Oregon but I don't see much basis in the public sphere for the idea that we are Oregon's main competition at this point, other than just the happy talk all recruits give recruiting reporters about the dozen or so schools they are interested in. We made that cut with him at least, but that's a pretty long list.

When it comes to official visits, being last is advantageous.
It can be, unless the decision is made publicly or privately beforehand and the OV is either cancelled or turned simply into a good time on our dime. That happens every year in recruiting as well (not just to us, it's just part of it).

Last edited:
This kid really likes Neids. Probably won’t be enough to pull from family and Oregon but with HT showing out, he’s watching. If he comes East, it will be Tennessee as long as we don’t crap the bed.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
This kid really likes Neids. Probably won’t be enough to pull from family and Oregon but with HT showing out, he’s watching. If he comes East, it will be Tennessee as long as we don’t crap the bed.
If only I had your confidence.
Idt any other team in the country could touch a duo of Sewell and Toot.

Pretty much. We need to win out and Oregon needs to screw up. I guess Georgia could conceivably win the SEC and it would be interesting as well on their end. I think at this point Oregon is going to land him.

Pretty much. We need to win out and Oregon needs to screw up. I guess Georgia could conceivably win the SEC and it would be interesting as well on their end. I think at this point Oregon is going to land him.
I don't think this season's results matter as much as you think.

I think too many are way too hung up on GS and BYU. Yet none of our big time commits jumped ship after those losses.
It is not about the kids already committed. It is about the perception of the program to the kids not committed yet. It surely enhanced negative recruiting like no other factor.

I would think a defensive player would be less inclined to look at overall record than an offensive one. Recruiters can point to obvious player development and stand out freshman To'oto'o.

"He took a chance and look at what he's accomplishing on the field."

I think defensive recruiting pitches boils down to individual player development shown on the field.

I think offensive recruiting pitch boils down to "You are the missing piece to the puzzle."

Agree but the upward trajectory means more than you think. If we beat GS and BYU but lose to the Cocks and MSU then we don’t look as good as we do right now. Winning all 4 and being 9-3 would’ve been what everyone wanted. What we expected was 7-5. If we get there winning these last two, It would be better than the way we thought we would get there before the season started. Even if we split the last two, it will be better than if we got there winning the first two. This is best case what has happened if we knew we would start out 0-2. I thought 3-9 was where we were headed.

I am excited about the future even if we end up 6-6 as long as we spank that Vandy butt. I am starting to see what I wanted on the field. Still wish CJP would’ve handle a certain situation differently but VFL’s took care of the situation. Win the right way and I’m full go. GBO

It is not about the kids already committed. It is about the perception of the program to the kids not committed yet. It surely enhanced negative recruiting like no other factor.

I thought that too but I dont anymore. If we would have imploded and gave up on the season then I would agree. But we are trending upwards. Not saying we are a good team but recruits have to see the perception of the program is much better now.

I think it’s a bigger deal than some acknowledge. I mean we’ll still be fine but if we’re sitting at 9-3 at the end of the year it’s much easier to sell the program

Disagree. Again, if we were constantly regressing then you would have a point. Those losses didnt help, but we are trending in the right direction. I believe recruits look at that way more than a couple of bad losses.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I thought that too but I dont anymore. If we would have imploded and gave up on the season then I would agree. But we are trending upwards. Not saying we are a good team but recruits have to see the perception of the program is much better now.
And just think, the team having another off season with Fitz. They are gonna look like a freaking FB team next year. I see several right now that look the part, but this next year we should see massive gains across the board. Future is bright.

Agree but the upward trajectory means more than you think. If we beat GS and BYU but lose to the Cocks and MSU then we don’t look as good as we do right now. Winning all 4 and being 9-3 would’ve been what everyone wanted. What we expected was 7-5. If we get there winning these last two, It would be better than the way we thought we would get there before the season started. Even if we split the last two, it will be better than if we got there winning the first two. This is best case what has happened if we knew we would start out 0-2. I thought 3-9 was where we were headed.

I am excited about the future even if we end up 6-6 as long as we spank that Vandy butt. I am starting to see what I wanted on the field. Still wish CJP would’ve handle a certain situation differently but VFL’s took care of the situation. Win the right way and I’m full go. GBO
I agree. That’s why I said we’ll be fine. We had some momentum with some major names and lost a lot of it with those two early loses.

Disagree. Again, if we were constantly regressing then you would have a point. Those losses didnt help, but we are trending in the right direction. I believe recruits look at that way more than a couple of bad losses.
I mean again I said we’ll be fine. I just think we had more of a shot with some names like Jarrett, Gilbert, Sewell, Smalls, etc. Still outside shots on some of those but we had a chance.

Reactions: SmokeyDaBear

VN Store

Back