UT gets commit from 2020 OL Javontez Spraggins

This staff so far is 5-7. I'll believe they have it together when they start producing on the field., Guys this size are a good thing but it doesn't mean a lot if you can't beat Vandy for instance. Less talk more action is where I am at with Pruitt and the Vols.
Uh. This staff does zero talking.

Sounds like a package deal to get the safety?
I don't think so, I agree with his scouting report. He just received national exposure and his recruitment is exploding. My *guess, we'll end up having to fight to keep him.

We have been singing the praises of Javontez Spraggins all offseason. Spraggins benches 225 pounds more than 30 times. He’s strong as an ox. He’s a big barrel chested kid. Once he gets his hands on a defensive lineman, he just kind of bullies them. He moves pretty well for a guy who weighed over 350 pounds when we weighed him at the Rivals camp last month. I think he is a guy who can handle any of the interior offensive line positions. He has that versatility which is a benefit down the line for him and for Tennessee. This is a pick up that probably looks a little underrated at this time, but by the end of this 2020 class could be one of the key additions for the Vols.”
Spraggins is interesting in that his recruitment has just suddenly started to explode and it’s interesting that he committed on the spot after spending the day working with offensive line coach Will Friend. As Spraggins is evaluated by more and more schools now that he is getting Power 5 offers, Tennessee will have to keep recruiting the big body the rest of the summer and fall.

Hope we keep him when Bama, Fla., USCw, TX, and OSU come calling.

This staff so far is 5-7. I'll believe they have it together when they start producing on the field., Guys this size are a good thing but it doesn't mean a lot if you can't beat Vandy for instance. Less talk more action is where I am at with Pruitt and the Vols.

Silly

Reactions: lifeisdeep
This is why I like the way the staff recruits players. They take them to camps and evaluate them with there own set of eyes instead of just HS film like butch did.
Come on! Butch looked at star rating too! In fact sometimes I wonder if if he even bothered with tape at all.

This is a Fulmer era type of lineman. Need a few of these every year. Then we will have the downhill smash mouth game that we all want and are accustomed to.

Reactions: FïreBall
Thats because when you have a staff with real experience, they know what they are looking for and dont just wait till the rating services give a verdict. Thats why they can grab underrated talent before it is discovered.

Honest question here. CBJ is accused of recruiting by ranking services, even though he stated otherwise. They all do. My question is, do these rating services provide ANY value or resources for coaches. Or are they just a hype machine that keeps fans clicking in?

VN Store

Back