"UT Football is 5x worse than you think it is."

The dumpster is on fire. At this point, I care less about what caused the fire, and am much more interested in how we put it out.

Go Vols.

You obviously didn't see the same JG that I did.

He was flat out LUCKY against Auburn when our receivers won every 50-50 ball he threw up for grabs....
We beat KY because we caught them at the right time after getting their butts beat off by UGA.....

But just how many points did we put up against Charlotte, Vandy, and Mizzou???
And how many with a new OC against BYU??? against Fla??

smh...I actually don't think people read a full post. I'm not saying JG was a great QB last year but he flashed brilliance ever-so-often when he was allowed time to throw. Yes, I know he held (still does) on the ball for too long but last year was primarily his OL not protecting him. The games he did well were games they had better protection which happened to be UK and Auburn. So it's easy to just say he was the sole reason we sucked last year and is far from the truth. Charlotte's DL dominated our OL...think about that...CHARLOTTE. If Dobbs didn't have the ability to expose defenses with his legs, he would've been in the same boat. This year is a different story. I'm not a JG apologist because so far this season he is looking incapable of leading this team. I was thinking that if he had better protection this year that he would excel but I legitimately think he has regressed.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
smh...I actually don't think people read a full post. I'm not saying JG was a great QB last year but he flashed brilliance ever-so-often when he was allowed time to throw.

Let me stop you right there.....there has never been a game in which JG has flashed brilliance....NO, NOT ONE.
Not Auburn last year....and not Kentucky last year, either.
He has made a few good throws on random occasions in games....but that's it.
He couldn't throw a receiver open if his life depended on it.

AND I NEVER SAID--EVER--that JG was the sole reason we sucked last year.

However, it's extremely obvious that JG has regressed this year when he has had better pass protection.
That fact was never more obvious than when he missed a wide open DWA by a mile in the Florida game.
I mean, come on, man---JG had absolutely no pressure on that play, a confused secondary, and a receiver all alone running down the field.

Let me stop you right there.....there has never been a game in which JG has flashed brilliance....NO, NOT ONE.
Not Auburn last year....and not Kentucky last year, either.
He has made a few good throws on random occasions in games....but that's it.
He couldn't throw a receiver open if his life depended on it.

AND I NEVER SAID--EVER--that JG was the sole reason we sucked last year.

However, it's extremely obvious that JG has regressed this year when he has had better pass protection.
That fact was never more obvious than when he missed a wide open DWA by a mile in the Florida game.
I mean, come on, man---JG had absolutely no pressure on that play, a confused secondary, and a receiver all alone running down the field.

I beg to differ.

Again, I am saying he hasn't been good this year.

I just listened to podcast of Chuck Oliver "The King of College Football" for 680 The Fan in Atlanta. He asked his co-host, "How would you describe the current state of UT football?" Co-host says, "a F-ing nightmare." Oliver responds, "It's 5 times worse than that."

He goes on to say that when JG signed with UT, Barton Simmons of 247sports told him that JG was always good in skills competitions, but it never translated to the game. "He can throw the ball through the tire....he'll always be one of the best athletes, but it won't show up during the game." Also says the offense drops passes and they don't block.

Defensively he said, "I can't remember another SEC defense I have ever seen as consistently out of position on every single play."

For the overall team he said, "they don't block up front, they're consistently out of position, they're poorly prepared, and they don't tackle on defense."

Take it for what it's worth. He is an Auburn grad and unabashed fan.
He's a joke and a GA Homer!

Well, we still have 8 games left so if you were to ask me Id say at least wait until you don't need to assume anymore.

But if you don't want to do that, go ahead and fire him, I'm sick of hearing all the whiners crying about him. Fire him and let Phil bring in another pos coach everyone can cry about.

Start the process all over again. Some will get all butthurt and tell us all "I'm out", only to show up a year and a half later to start crying about this failure of a coach and the administration bargain bin shopping for coaches and want to fire him and hire another one, and, Lol, I swear I blow snot bubbles typing this...they say " give me one good reason you want to give this guy more than 16 games?"

Then we can fire him and....well, you all know the rest.

I pay attention to what you say, you are on target again. I wonder how firing or keeping JP affects recruiting.

So Georgia State has better players, on average, than Tennessee does? This is basically what you are saying?

Because if not, then coaching DOES matter more than the average caliber of players being coached.

So which is it? Does Georgia state have better players than us, or did their coaches prepare them better and have them ready to play us? Because it is one of those two choices....

No they don’t have better players. But is it all on the coach when players miss tackles, blocks, drop passes, leave guys wide open? Was it Pruitts fault when the defense let BYUs WR just smoke us?

So what makes more sense put out these two. Our coaching staff full of SEC and NFL experience just somehow forgot how to coach. Or, these players are just not doing their part in executing? Yeah I am going with the first. This staff has put us in position to be 3-1 yet these players always seem to screw something up.

No they don’t have better players. But is it all on the coach when players miss tackles, blocks, drop passes, leave guys wide open? Was it Pruitts fault when the defense let BYUs WR just smoke us?

So what makes more sense put out these two. Our coaching staff full of SEC and NFL experience just somehow forgot how to coach. Or, these players are just not doing their part in executing? Yeah I am going with the first. This staff has put us in position to be 3-1 yet these players always seem to screw something up.

Why do the players suck at tackling and line up wrong?

BYUs wide receiver smoked us because alontae Taylor lined up wrong.

Pruitt could have seen that and called a time out. Like 9 coaches out there. None of them said anything. Lolol. Inexcusable

You guys think you got it bad. I'm a Vol fan (and alum), my son and wife are Razorback fans (he's a U of A alum), and I'm a fifty year fan of the Redskins. Think about for a moment.

I think I'd eat a bullet.

Married to a former hairy pig myself but I converted her.

I think they are on to something regarding JG and the skills competition thing. Also on the defense. Its a complete mess right now.

I just listened to podcast of Chuck Oliver "The King of College Football" for 680 The Fan in Atlanta. He asked his co-host, "How would you describe the current state of UT football?" Co-host says, "a F-ing nightmare." Oliver responds, "It's 5 times worse than that."

He goes on to say that when JG signed with UT, Barton Simmons of 247sports told him that JG was always good in skills competitions, but it never translated to the game. "He can throw the ball through the tire....he'll always be one of the best athletes, but it won't show up during the game." Also says the offense drops passes and they don't block.

Defensively he said, "I can't remember another SEC defense I have ever seen as consistently out of position on every single play."

For the overall team he said, "they don't block up front, they're consistently out of position, they're poorly prepared, and they don't tackle on defense."

Take it for what it's worth. He is an Auburn grad and unabashed fan.

Stopped reading at "Chuck Oliver."

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Why do the players suck at tackling and line up wrong?

BYUs wide receiver smoked us because alontae Taylor lined up wrong.

Pruitt could have seen that and called a time out. Like 9 coaches out there. None of them said anything. Lolol. Inexcusable

So again, this staff just forgot how to teach and develop all of a sudden? Lol. You just dont want to admit that the coaches AND players are to blame for this mess.

So again, this staff just forgot how to teach and develop all of a sudden? Lol. You just dont want to admit that the coaches AND players are to blame for this mess.

I think Pruitt is a micromanager. From what I’ve read he’s a bit of a tyrant over this staff. He meddles in everything they do. He wants everything done his way, but he is only one man. Plus add in that he’s the HC now and he has become dysfunctional as a leader. Tons of rumors about Chaney wanting to bench JG weeks ago. But Pruitt over ruled him.

I think the STAFF has plenty of good coaches who are probably dang good at their jobs, but we have an egotistical micromanager running around and forcing square pegs into round holes at every turn.

Now he’s saying we are 100% better than last year? He may possibly be losing his mind or be a closet alcoholic, I’m not sure. Because he can’t be serious.

Reactions: 05_never_again
You see regression and confusion after 16 games. This coaching staff wasn't hired for 16 games...his contract was longer than 1.3 years. This fan base is living in a fantasy world. Many on this site don't even want the coach to succeed. It has become a sport that is preferable to a successful program--the sport of calling the shots. It had its early beginnings with Fulmer, but reached its zenith wit Schiano. It's very exhilarating. ..we can effect a coaching change. Some of these guys don't want the current coach to succeed. The next coach will get the same treatment. And then the next one...

While you are right (first points) shouldn't we be able to expect improvement by now?

Sure he wasn’t hired for just 16 games.....but he was hired to be the coach for those 16 games.

Maybe I’m wrong, but this team doesn’t look nearly as good as last years team (so far). If things don’t dramatically improve it will surely be a much regressed season, and possibly the worst ever.

He was hired for year two, just as he was for year one and any that follow.

Tell me the advantage of keeping onto Pruitt for another year after what we all assume will be a 2-10 record at best? Just going to dig us a deeper hole. Most teams by the second year under a new coach develop a identity on each side of the ball but that hasn't happened
This is a good coaching staff , even though they havent shown it. They can recruit and if u get enough talent, the wins will come. Starting over will be worse. We must take the pain- it has to get better.

VN Store

Back