UT FOOT(ball) in mouth . . . TAKE 2

I know a great place for this little project!

Attachments

• ut garbage can.jpg
    ut garbage can.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 0
The question is who should we highlight then? Kids know who Alvin Kamara is they know who Derrick Barnette is and they might know EB.

peyton-mannings-forehead-almost-needed-to-be-photoshopped-to-fit-on.png

So there is no middle ground between a coach setting in a living room and selling his accomplishments to a kid and plastering players from other schools on social media in an effort to bring attention to Tennessee?

What’s the “middle ground” here. Give us your pitch given where the program currently is?

These coaches need to sell what they have, their biggest asset by far, to gain the interest and ultimately commitments from the top highschool prospects in the country..... which is their collective track records of recruiting, coaching and developing some of the very best collegiate players in the country over the last 8-10 years, winning national championships with them, and helping them be drafted in the early rounds of the nfl draft.

How do you sell the kid that you’re the guy to help them reach their collegiate and professional goals? Do you just button up at that point?....or do you pull out the laundry list of well-known star players that many/most of these recruits admire, model their play after and strive to be one day?

This ain’t hard. I just saw a Tweet put out by UT Football that highlighted former Vol players Manning, Barnett, Kamara and James in reference to Vols who were early round picks...they were hyping it up, as they should be.

But our current coaches didn’t coach any of those guys....instead, they coached Tyrann Matthieu, Jalen Ramsay, DeMarcus Ware, Nick Fairley and many, many others....all of which establish this staff’s bonafides to sell players to come here. Imho, it’d be coaching malpractice to not push and sell that information to recruits.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
What’s the “middle ground” here. Give us your pitch given where the program currently is?

These coaches need to sell what they have, their biggest asset by far, to gain the interest and ultimately commitments from the top highschool prospects in the country..... which is their collective track records of recruiting, coaching and developing some of the very best collegiate players in the country over the last 8-10 years, winning national championships with them, and helping them be drafted in the early rounds of the nfl draft.

And do you price that track record? How do you sell the kid that you’re the guy to help them reach their collegiate and professional goals? Do you just button up at that point?....or do you pull out the laundry list of well-known star players that many/most of these recruits admire, model their play after and strive to be one day?

This ain’t hard. I just saw a Tweet put out by UT Football that highlighted former Vol players Manning, Barnett, Kamara and James in reference to Vols who were early round picks...they were hyping it up, as they should be.

But our current coaches didn’t coach any of those guys....instead, they coached Tyrann Matthieu, Jalen Ramsay, DeMarcus Ware, Nick Fairley and many, many others....all of which establish this staff’s bonafides to sell players to come here. Imho, it’d be coaching malpractice to not push and sell that information to recruits.

My current pitch of the university is that the coaches sell themselves when they are in front of applications. Public stuff should highlight tennessee. This is like target publishing walmart ads because they just hired a manager from there.

My current pitch of the university is that the coaches sell themselves when they are in front of applications. Public stuff should highlight tennessee. This is like target publishing walmart ads because they just hired a manager from there.

This really shouldn't be that hard to figure out. Don't throw free advertising out for the competition on social media.

Some on here want to write a dissertation on why you're wrong about it though.

And do you price that track record? How do you sell the kid that you’re the guy to help them reach their collegiate and professional goals? Do you just button up at that point?....or do you pull out the laundry list of well-known star players that many/most of these recruits admire, model their play after and strive to be one day?

I'd be mad if I were a former player now being used as fodder to promote against the team I played for.

This really shouldn't be that hard to figure out. Don't throw free advertising out for the competition on social media.

In what way is it advertising for the competition? The guys who coached up those players at those other schools are now here, all together.

You’re right, this shouldn’t be hard at all....if you want to be coached by the guys who coached all those players, won all those championships, who put all those players into the early rounds of the nfl draft, come to Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
Just another day on volnation,,,,gotta love it!
Whats wrong with pushing players you have coached at another school when you havent even had time to have any drafted at your current school? It's not that big a deal.
You would think some posters have some kinda grudge against the coaches.

Reactions: 3 people
no, it's not even close to that. not even the same ball park.

agreed, so try harder.
I'd be mad if I were a former player now being used as fodder to promote against the team I played for.
oh, well then this is real simple if that's what you really think is happening.

they're not doing that. have a nice day:thumbsup:

Reactions: 5 people

agreed, so try harder.

Actually, thats exactly what its like. I mean, we can all act like we are saying its the end of the world. Its not, its just stupid. Lets not act like we didnt feel it was stupid when kiffen was doing it just cause we have a shiny new toy and have to support everything he says no matter how stupid.

agreed, so try harder.

Really don't need to put that much effort into things around here.

Apparently, you do so keep at it Sparky.

4+ months into this thing and Pruitt is still carrying water for Bama with some free advertising.

I would point out how stupid this is but ill save the 1200 ranting post defending stupidity.

Maybe tomorrow he can post the 5 national championship rings from other schools and talk about being a 5 time nc winning coach.

Too late. Did you see the video about the coaches?

Look, WHO CARES???? Let us gin up some excitement by any means necessary.

And to be fair our coaches did coach those players.

So Phil Fulmer, current AD and former coach, put Peyton Manning, Jamal Lewis, Travis Henry, Shawn Bryson, Little Man Stewart, Peerless Price, Donte Stallworth, Robert Meachum, Jason Whitten, Shawn Ellis, Leonard Little, John Henderson, Albert Haynesworth, Trey Teague, Corey Coleman, Jeff Smith, Charles McRae, Antone Davis, Bruce Wilkerson, and a whole bunch more in the NFL. Unfortunately, our administrators lost their minds last few years, but we are coming back...book it!

VN Store

Back