‘23 UT EDGE Tausili Akana

Bump because i think a lot of people have forgot about this guy. Imagine this guy along with Bradley and herring. 😅😅😅
"Embarrassment of riches" is the term that comes to mind.

But honestly, the way we play, we need as many defensive players as we can get. Fresh legs to keep the pressure on.

Just out of curiosity, for those that watch tape and really study the players, could an edge/olb player like Akana or Rico Walker make the transition to ILB? Are they that athletic? I was just wondering about their versatility.

Just out of curiosity, for those that watch tape and really study the players, could an edge/olb player like Akana or Rico Walker make the transition to ILB? Are they that athletic? I was just wondering about their versatility.
Maybe in a 3-4 defense, but even that's a stretch. Walker could definitely play tight end though. Our defense requires the ILB's to be able to cover a lot of ground and be capable in pass coverage. Joshua Josephs might be capable of making that move.

- Tausili Akana, the state’s top-rated player, has locked in an official visit to Texas for the weekend of Sept. 10 when the Longhorns play Alabama. A heavyweight battle has been brewing for the dynamic edge rusher from Skyridge, with the likes of Auburn, LSU, Oklahoma, Oregon and Tennessee, as well as in-state suitors BYU and Utah, also high on the list of contenders. We’d expect LSU, Oklahoma and Tennessee to also get officials, although the final details have yet to be solidified, which would leave only one remaining slot on the itinerary. LSU, in fact, was supposed to get an official this summer but the Tigers pushed it back so Akana and his family could experience a gameday weekend. The same applies for the Sooners, whom have gotten some buzz as the potential leader. We can’t see the talented four-star defender making a college choice until he has taken all of his trips, so buckle those seat belts for what should be one of the more entertaining battles in the region.
-Angulo

6'4" 225 , I have no clue as to why AP said that, I listened to that podcast and was like WTF.

And a guy built like that at 17 ain’t gonna get smaller. Could easily be 240 by the time he’s on campus if he’s not already depending on how old that measurement is

Reactions: BelieveTheHeup93

VN Store

Back