‘23 UT EDGE Tausili Akana

They’ve camped together. Sounds like they’re friends. We weren’t in the running for a visit…now we are.
Is it because of Nico or because of our NIL, I hope for maybe both but if it’s about money then we may have started something a lot of recruits will only visit for, and that’s the cash.

Is it because of Nico or because of our NIL, I hope for maybe both but if it’s about money then we may have started something a lot of recruits will only visit for, and that’s the cash.
I know no specifics on any recruiting, but there have been some mediocre coaches backed by mediocre ADs pull in many well regarded classes. Hueple and White are showing everyone the capabilities of the program again.

When Pruitt was handing out money, we weren’t getting a lot of these kids to even visit. So something different.

"Yes, Akana told me a few weeks ago that he was still hearing from Tennessee. Told me at the time that he was planning to visit Tennessee again this spring, but we will see about that. Haven’t heard of any finalized plans so far. He says he’s close with Nico, for what it’s worth."

-Callahan

"Yes, Akana told me a few weeks ago that he was still hearing from Tennessee. Told me at the time that he was planning to visit Tennessee again this spring, but we will see about that. Haven’t heard of any finalized plans so far. He says he’s close with Nico, for what it’s worth."

-Callahan
But according to some Nico has no influence on any recruits I hear. lol

Reactions: Smokey19rt
The next visit on Tausili Akana’s schedule is Tennessee and he will visit the school during Memorial Day weekend.

The Volunteers have been one of the hottest names on the recruiting trail this cycle, in part due to the commitment of Long Beach (Calif.) Long Beach Poly five-star quarterback Nico Iamaleava.

“Me and Nico are pretty tight,” Akana said. “We met at the All-Poly Camp and we just hung out ever since then. Ever since I heard that he’s going (to) Tennessee, that boosts them up a lot.”

But Iamaleava is not the only draw to Knoxville, Tenn. Akana said he really likes the coaching staff, including defensive analyst Levorn Harbin, aka Coach Chop.

“The coaching staff — you got Coach Chop there, well experienced,” Akana said. “I really liked their defense. They got me playing like outside linebacker/edge — like a jack — so mainly getting the quarterbacks, which is nice.”

I don't care if he has 6 wives and lives on a compound if there's one of thing Utah does is produce damn good lbs!!This kid would be another outta left field slam dunk if they could pull it off

Top Performers from the NorCal UC Report All-American Combine

Lehi (Utah) Skyridge athlete Tausili Akana is a long, fluid outside ‘backer who’s probably best suited rushing off the edge in a 3-4 scheme. In this setting, he was having to cover wheel routes 40 yards down the field. We’ve seen him in enough 7v7 events to know he’s very capable in coverage and can play in space but it would have been fun to see what he could do mixing it up with the offense lineman in the one on one pass rush drills.

Wow this kid is a savage beast on the field...My guy just kills qbz with aggression i love it. Def gotta check this clip out that spin move he puts on that lineman at 15 secs prob one the best I've ever seen.Haha 47 sec mark he just man handles dude

VN Store

Back