UT Defensive Gameplan

Volanooga2521

So it seems like bringing pressure with our LBs and Safeties and playing man behind it might be our best bet. I'm not a fan sitting back in a zone (like against Florida). Bowers and Washington might kill us, but we have to try and stop the run. UGA's WRs don't scare me, so I think we can get away with 1 on 1 on the outside. It will just come down to whether we can pass rush and get home, while not giving Stetson Bennett lanes to gash us with his legs. Maybe some double teams with a Nickel and Safety against Bowers.

Reactions: DickeyD
I like it. We can run with their wrs but we have to try and limit Bowers and Washington. Those dudes are dudes!!

stick and move, stick and move, I give us a "puncher's" chance at winning this thing. And I think that puncher is Iron Mike in his prime.

So it seems like bringing pressure with our LBs and Safeties and playing man behind it might be our best bet. I'm not a fan sitting back in a zone (like against Florida). Bowers and Washington might kill us, but we have to try and stop the run. UGA's WRs don't scare me, so I think we can get away with 1 on 1 on the outside. It will just come down to whether we can pass rush and get home, while not giving Stetson Bennett lanes to gash us with his legs. Maybe some double teams with a Nickel and Safety against Bowers.
Zone blitz and pair Young or Harrison up on a TE. That gives you DBs rushing the passer which makes it harder for Bennett to escape.

Their heavy dependence on TE's in the pass game provides some opportunities for UT's D if they're good enough to capitalize.

First, you have to absolutely shut down the run the best you can. Their most productive pass catcher is a TE. I don't feel like Stetson is that great of a deep passer and maybe they don't have the WRs to push the ball downfield. So my game plan would be get a numbers advantage in the box, stop the run and force as many 3rd and longs as possible, play a lot of man and pressure Stetson. If I'm playing zone, have hair trigger to jump on anything underneath until they can show me they can throw it over my head consistently.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
We ran zone against UF and Bama, because both QBs can run too. In a man scheme, our DBs will turn and run.

Do whatever you have to do to take their run game and their misdirection short passing game away. They do those things really, really well. They're not great if you can take those things away.

Photo shop a picture of a watermelon onto Stetson Bennit's head and show the front seven this video.

VariableCarelessGrayling-size_restricted.gif

VN Store

Back