UT commits in Georgia

vol11

Georgia all-state teams were annonced in AJC yesterday. Among them UT commits Christian Harris, 2nd team AAAAA LB. Brian Randolph, AAAA Defensive Player of the Year, Alan Posey, 1st team OL, Justin Coleman, 1st team DB. A.J.Johnson, AAA Defensive Player of the Year, Vincent Dallas, 1st team WR. Surprisingly, UT recruit Gabe Wright did not make 1st team, 2nd team or honorable mention in AA.

I like this but one of the worst things that could happen to us is Richt getting fired. As long as he is Georgia's coach, we can raid the state and go shopping. If a better coach comes to Georgia, we may not be able to shop at will and will be limited in who
we sign. The new coach may try to close the boarder of Georgia, so that U.S.C., U.T.
and Florida can raid the state as much.

Regardless of who GA has as coach they can only sign so many players.....we would still get a bunch of players

Doesn't Coach Dooley and our staff have a lot of connections in GA? If that's true, I'd think that we still be able to have some success recruiting in GA regardless of who the Dawgs bring in. I know it might become more difficult if they were to hire a top-flight kind of coach, but that's the way it goes, right? I'm thinking that, in a couple of seasons, OUR coach is going to be viewed as a top flight kind of guy . . .

Raking them in. A few more classes like this, and the Vols will be the hunter instead of getting poached like we have for years.

I like this but one of the worst things that could happen to us is Richt getting fired. As long as he is Georgia's coach, we can raid the state and go shopping. If a better coach comes to Georgia, we may not be able to shop at will and will be limited in who
we sign. The new coach may try to close the boarder of Georgia, so that U.S.C., U.T.
and Florida can raid the state as much.

:good!:Absol-freakin-lutely!!:good!: Keep Richt as long as possible! Those borders are open gates, and he lost the key a long time ago, GBO!!

Georgia didn't offer him.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Acccording to his Scout page they did. But after they took thier fist two commits in Jan.10, both safeties, they said they would not take another safety in this class.

Last edited:
Gabe Wright not getting voted on is shocking. Carver had another OL that was voted on AA team. Wright was the All Bi-City Defensive player of the year so I couldn't believe what I was reading. Thought it was a misprint but guess not. I'd love to see him in Orange though.

Hate to tell you guys this but "Georgia is still Georgia" and the SCHOOL is why the kids go there...... not the Coaches. They grow up watching the red and black and most want to play there. Same with any other state that has good high school football. UGA will always have its fair share of good players from Georgia and Florida.

Hate to tell you guys this but "Georgia is still Georgia" and the SCHOOL is why the kids go there...... not the Coaches. They grow up watching the red and black and most want to play there. Same with any other state that has good high school football. UGA will always have its fair share of good players from Georgia and Florida.

We get plenty of georgia kids regardless of their coach. Georgia kids had a direct role in our last national title.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yankee Vol and 77 Vol hit the nail on the head. Georgia can cherry pick the kids they want to fill their needs, but they can't sign them all. The talent level down here is unbelievable. There is plenty of great players for other programs to sign.

That is true to a very large extent but it isn't absolute. When UGA was down before Richt, more recruits were leaving the state to UT, Clemson, Auburn, et al. Some of them are die hards that will go nowhere else. Some will go there if the program doesn't outright stink... those are the ones saving Richt's hide right now. If Dooley can drive some deep hooks into some of the best HS programs in GA then he can keep it going even after Richt is gone.

Did someone ask if CDD has connections in Ga? His dad is a legend there and he was raised there. I'd say he's connected.

VN Store

Back