UT Baseball Trivia Contest

the-muffin-man-do-you-know-the-muffin-man.gif

1654218696614.gif

Here we go. Rules are simple. You have until 4 pm Eastern tomorrow to turn in your answers. Some questions are from parents and some from internet. You just put question number and either player name or answer. Highest number correct wins. If there is a tie, there will be a bonus question.

1. What player bought a saxophone recently and is teaching himself to play?
2. What instrument is Cortland Lawson proficient at?
Piano, guitar, trumpet, or saxophone
3. What was Kirbyā€™s first travel ball team?
Greenville Marlins, Knoxville Stars, Tri-Cities Crusaders, or KC Elite
4. What player only wears a cap when playing baseball?
5. Who was drafted by Minnesota Twins in the 35th round of the 2019 MLB Draft?
6. What player played HS for Spanish River High School in Lake Worth, Fla
7. Whose HS coach was James Howard?
8. Whose favorite player is Josh Donaldson?
9. Whose brother Hunter played baseball for Georgia Gwinnett College?
10. Whose brother played baseball at the University of Missouri while Tony Vitello was an assistant coach with the Tigers?
11. What player has been to every MLB stadium?
12. Whose sister played softball at UT Martin and is now a marine?
13. Who once scored seven touchdowns in a game?
14. What player is majoring in anthropology?
15. Whose brother Sean played baseball at Georgia and is a pitcher in the Los Angeles Angels organization?
16. What player is an identical twin and started high school at 5ā€™ 6ā€ tall weighing 96 lbs?
17. Who has nickname of Muffin Man?
18. Who was a model for a childrenā€™s clothing company, Hartstrings when his family lived in Pennsylvania?

EDIT: email the answers to me at connell_jeff@yahoo.com
I wuz told there wood b no math

Deadline. I have entries 9 people. 3 way tie between noSirEee, TaylorsVol, and VolProfch05 with 14. I am posting the answers and as they say if I got it wrong notify me and I will recheck the scores
1. Blake Burke
2. Saxophone
3. Marlins.
4. Wyatt
5. Drew
6. Jorel
7. Seth
8. Evan
9. Dollander
10. Logan
11. Charlie
12. Jared
13. Trey
14. Beck. Booker
15. Mark
16. Ben.
17. Zander
18. Booker

Bonus question for the three tied
Who did not cut their hair until their junior year of high school?

You have until 7 oā€™clock to send in your answer

Here we go. Rules are simple. You have until 4 pm Eastern tomorrow to turn in your answers. Some questions are from parents and some from internet. You just put question number and either player name or answer. Highest number correct wins. If there is a tie, there will be a bonus question.

1. What player bought a saxophone recently and is teaching himself to play?
2. What instrument is Cortland Lawson proficient at?
Piano, guitar, trumpet, or saxophone
3. What was Kirbyā€™s first travel ball team?
Greenville Marlins, Knoxville Stars, Tri-Cities Crusaders, or KC Elite
4. What player only wears a cap when playing baseball?
5. Who was drafted by Minnesota Twins in the 35th round of the 2019 MLB Draft?
6. What player played HS for Spanish River High School in Lake Worth, Fla
7. Whose HS coach was James Howard?
8. Whose favorite player is Josh Donaldson?
9. Whose brother Hunter played baseball for Georgia Gwinnett College?
10. Whose brother played baseball at the University of Missouri while Tony Vitello was an assistant coach with the Tigers?
11. What player has been to every MLB stadium?
12. Whose sister played softball at UT Martin and is now a marine?
13. Who once scored seven touchdowns in a game?
14. What player is majoring in anthropology?
15. Whose brother Sean played baseball at Georgia and is a pitcher in the Los Angeles Angels organization?
16. What player is an identical twin and started high school at 5ā€™ 6ā€ tall weighing 96 lbs?
17. Who has nickname of Muffin Man?
18. Who was a model for a childrenā€™s clothing company, Hartstrings when his family lived in Pennsylvania?

EDIT: email the answers to me at connell_jeff@yahoo.com

That is a tough contest and good luck to all entrants.

I will just enjoy this regional and watching the Braves put up video game numbers at Coors Field on television this weekend.

Preachermanā€™s trivia contest was clearly good luck, so I think he needs to post another set of questions before Saturdayā€™s game

(edit: blue font just to be sure)

Last edited:
Ah of course. I donā€™t follow players or their parents so I missed this. I always laugh when Burkeā€™s mom gets retweeted onto my timeline saying ā€œThatā€™s my baby!!ā€

I donā€™t follow any players or parents either, but we fired up the research when the questions were posted

BTW, 3 way tie and no one got the bonus question right. I will tell some stories I learned this week but the answer to the bonus question was Christian Scott. Story from Dad
C.Scott never had a haircut till his junior year of high school . One Saturday morning at the age of 3 we were watching tv, St.Jude came on and he asked why they had no hair, I explained they had cancer and treatments took their hair out . He asked could he give them his hair, that started our goal for the locks of love
2763.png
#alwaysgiveback

Picture for ad of Kyle Booker
284933050_10224021558019754_5357047807223612839_n.jpg

That's why we love these kids. Everyone of them has a story that makes them real young men, not just guys who wear a UT uniform.
That's not a tear in my eye.

BTW, 3 way tie and no one got the bonus question right. I will tell some stories I learned this week but the answer to the bonus question was Christian Scott. Story from Dad
C.Scott never had a haircut till his junior year of high school . One Saturday morning at the age of 3 we were watching tv, St.Jude came on and he asked why they had no hair, I explained they had cancer and treatments took their hair out . He asked could he give them his hair, that started our goal for the locks of love
2763.png
#alwaysgiveback

Picture for ad of Kyle Booker
284933050_10224021558019754_5357047807223612839_n.jpg

That's why we love these kids. Everyone of them has a story that makes them real young men, not just guys who wear a UT uniform.
That's not a tear in my eye.
What are we gonna do to get a winner? Lol

VN Store

Back