Use the Dolphins as a guide, Pruitt.

TNHopeful505

The Dolphins are 3-3 right now, 2nd in their division. Fitzpatrick is serviceable, but inconsistent. Known for throwing interceptions at the worst time, and yet has a decent QBR.

They're benching Fitz and starting Tua.

Why? Because they know what they are with Fitz. He has his good points, but he isnt going to take them to the next level and it is obvious to everyone. When he sinks, he takes the whole ship down with him. When he is good, it might be enough to win.

I dont feel like we are in any different place than the Dolphins. We know what we are with JG. At his best, we might win. But when he has a bad day, we can't overcome it. And you never know what you're going to get.

Maybe you let him go out against Bama. But come bye week, you gotta try to get a spark for the 2nd half of a season. And it least see who has the "it" factor. I'd be ok with our record being the same, I just want to know where this program is going.

Reactions: LittleVol
We are without a doubt the Browns.

The Browns are like us last year.

1. They are beating the crappy teams
2. They have a QB that's not progressing
3. They have a long line of failed bargain bin HC hires
4. They are getting smoked by decent teams
5. Havent done much in the past decade
6. Haslam family
7. Their biggest rivals always beat their a$$

No, coach don't use the Dolphins as a guide. Use the Titans as a guide, run the damn ball, and bring in a great QB.

The Browns are like us last year.

1. They are beating the crappy teams
2. They have a QB that's not progressing
3. They have a long line of failed bargain bin HC hires
4. They are getting smoked by decent teams
5. Havent done much in the past decade
6. Haslam family
7. Their biggest rivals always beat their a$$

They're also so allergic to success, they ran off Bill Belichick.

No, coach don't use the Dolphins as a guide. Use the Titans as a guide, run the damn ball, and bring in a great QB.

And Tannehill got a shot after they knew exactly where they were with Mariota. He's a game manager, he doesn't cost you possessions and he is capable enough to not allow Defenses to play 9 in the box. AKA the Titans knew when to cut their losses and make a change... which is exactly what the Dolphins did. However, the Dolphins are a better parallel because they turned it over to the proposed future of the franchise and the Titans turned to a bargin-bin washed out has-been that ended up working out.

JG is, without a doubt, brings none of those to the table. I don't even know if he can reliably throw a slant and he messes up even dump off passes to his checkdown... after he stares down his primary for 3 seconds.

The Browns had Bellichick and Saban on the same staff and could barely make the playoffs. The greatest pro and college coach. Even I couldnt call us the Browns.

The Browns had Bellichick and Saban on the same staff and could barely make the playoffs. The greatest pro and college coach. Even I couldnt call us the Browns.
Forgot Saban was on that staff.. 🤣

Then they were bought by Haslam and the rest is his-to-reeee...

The only problem with your post op is you have compared JG to Fitz. There’s an absolute world of difference there. Fitz is a great an. Probably top 20 guy in the league. But I understand what you are saying. He’s obviously not a Russell Wilson it Patrick mahomes and for all they know tua could be in that category one day.

The Dolphins also had Saban. It's comical how franchises accidentally make the right move, but karma still finds a way.

The Dolphins are 3-3 right now, 2nd in their division. Fitzpatrick is serviceable, but inconsistent. Known for throwing interceptions at the worst time, and yet has a decent QBR.

Why? Because they know what they are with Fitz. He has his good points, but he isnt going to take them to the next level and it is obvious to everyone. When he sinks, he takes the whole ship down with him. When he is good, it might be enough to win.

I dont feel like we are in any different place than the Dolphins. We know what we are with JG. At his best, we might win. But when he has a bad day, we can't overcome it. And you never know what you're going to get.

Maybe you let him go out against Bama. But come bye week, you gotta try to get a spark for the 2nd half of a season. And it least see who has the "it" factor. I'd be ok with our record being the same, I just want to know where this program is going.
The Fins made the move after a win. They're smelling the playoffs. Not even in the same ballpark as UT comparison-wise.

The only problem with your post op is you have compared JG to Fitz. There’s an absolute world of difference there. Fitz is a great an. Probably top 20 guy in the league. But I understand what you are saying. He’s obviously not a Russell Wilson it Patrick mahomes and for all they know tua could be in that category one day.

Technically, it's worse than that.

When the Fins moved on from Fitz, he was:

#7 in the league in QBR.
#3 in "PAA" which is ESPN's methodology for rating how important to the offense the QB is in terms of accounting for Points.

Fitz isn't bad, but he's 37, he won't take the Fins to the SB and he certainly isn't the future.

JG may not even take us to 5-5 and he certainly isn't the future. It's HB or bust for Pruitt. I imagine he'll have his finger to the pulse of the team, and I think HB will get the nod after Bama and the BYE.

The difference is they have Tua.... they know what the got. We don't. Behind JG we know very little....

The Fins made the move after a win. They're smelling the playoffs. Not even in the same ballpark as UT comparison-wise.

Only 4 teams make the playoffs in college. 16 make it in the pros. The ratios are quite off there. We have a chance still to be top half of the SEC. The playoffs were never realistic. Dumb comparison. We can still "smell" the top half or even top 5 of the SEC this year.

The difference is they have Tua.... they know what the got. We don't. Behind JG we know very little....

No, they only know what Tua was in college. Knowing what he was in college pre injury does not equate to knowing what he will be in the pros post injury. But the only way to know is to try it. And now is a good time for them to.

No, they only know what Tua was in college. Knowing what he was in college pre injury does not equate to knowing what he will be in the pros post injury. But the only way to know is to try it. And now is a good time for them to.

OOOOHH,, I think they have a pretty good idea!!

VN Store

Back