USC/Oregon St.

Hello Droski suprised your not on the other thread I started. You know the USC one.:)

what so you gloat over one loss? what happens when georgia loses to ole miss? or florida losses to MSU? s--- happens. let's wait till the end of the year before you declare victory.

OSU definetly has more NFL players than vandy

Why is this the "end all" statement when talking about College football teams with you? Who gives a crap how many "Pro" players come from the major confrences? You got any idea how much media hype there is on the west coast anyway? Quit throwing this out there as a form of rebuttal. It is tired.

what so you gloat over one loss? what happens when georgia loses to ole miss? or florida losses to MSU? s--- happens. let's wait till the end of the year before you declare victory.

How about NO. You talked all this noise about the Pac-10 on a SEC team board and think I will have patience. No sir not at all.

Why is this the "end all" statement when talking about College football teams with you? Who gives a crap how many "Pro" players come from the major confrences? You got any idea how much media hype there is on the west coast anyway? Quit throwing this out there as a form of rebuttal. It is tired.

since SEC teams rarely play pac-10 teams nfl players is one of the few ways to compare the overall quality of the conferences.

as for the "west coast media hype" ESPN and the majority of the media in this country is on the east coast.

since SEC teams rarely play pac-10 teams nfl players is one of the few ways to compare the overall quality of the conferences.

as for the "west coast media hype" ESPN and the majority of the media in this country is on the east coast.

Doesn't matter they're in love with the Trojans.

you have proven yourself to be an idiot. I don't have to listen to you. sorry.

Obviously your an idiot for beleiving in USC and also a fair weather fan I would never promote USC if was a Cal fan. Just like you probably will never hear promote Florida or Alabama. Even if their the best team in America I will not say anything good about them I will just keep my mouth shut. I guess because I'm a real fan.

Obviously your an idiot for beleiving in USC and also a fair weather fan I would never promote USC if was a Cal fan. Just like you probably will never hear promote Florida or Alabama. Even if their the best team in America I will not say anything good about them I will just keep my mouth shut. I guess because I'm a real fan.

I hate USC, but i'm a rational human being and therefore realize that they are the premiere program in the country. be proud of your delusional idiotic homerism if you like, but don't expect people to not call you out for it.

I hate USC, but i'm a rational human being and therefore realize that they are the premiere program in the country. be proud of your delusional idiotic homerism if you like, but don't expect people to not call you out for it.

So they're the premeire program. Get serious they're one of the premeire programs but they're not by themselves. My gosh lay off the USC crack.:banghead2:

Pete Carrol said after the game that the Pac-10 is and I quote, "ridiculously hard".....

:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove:

Pete Carroll Talks After USC Falls To Oregon State - ESPN Video
What else is a coach supposed to say about his conference? That it sucks? Get a clue man, that'd be like expecting one of our players to say Fulmer is a bad coach. Might be true, but it doesn't make saying it the right thing for that person to do.

I have seen the point made that PAC 10 teams are not as intimidated by USC because they play them year-in and year-out.
Pretty much true. It's a combination of that, and USC still being the circled game on everyone's calendar. When you combine seeing them every year (round-robin scheduling now) with everybody getting up, upsets become more likely.

I agree with you that offensively the Pac-10 is good....But IMO its not a very good all around conference when you take defense into account. I know that you will probably say that its not that the defense is bad, but its that the offense is just that good....and on that point I would disagree. Defense is atrocious in that conference. The difference in the Pac-10 and other conferences is that the best athletes on the field are on offense in the Pac-10...In the SEC and other conferences they are on defense.

I think anyone can beat anyone in the SEC. In the Pac-10 there is USC and then everyone else lumped in mediocrity.
Every year the SEC has some serious bottom feeders... I wouldn't go so far as to say anyone can beat anyone. Ole Miss couldn't hold Florida's second string team's jocks, for instance.

yes they would
Vandy = 4-0, 21st ranked team in the country
Cal = Lost to Maryland who will probably finish near the bottom of the ACC

droski, normally I'd be agreeing with you. Normally I'm a Pac-10 guy, but believe me when I say that this year, the conference just doesn't have it.

Do you own a TV? College football coverage out here is worthless. The average college football fan here has to watch the regional Fox Sports channel and local cable to get any coverage of their team.

Last edited:
Outside of USC the rest are bottom feeders. Oregon and Oregon State are fun to watch, but they are not very good. Both the AZ teams are garbage, UGA proved that the other night. UCLA is a turd (even though they beat us, what does that say about us?) Cal would not be a favorite against Vandy, and Vandy would beat them. Pretty handidly to. I am sorry but outside of USC I just don't see it, the Pac10 is inferior to the SEC, Big12 and Big10

What else is a coach supposed to say about his conference? That it sucks? Get a clue man, that'd be like expecting one of our players to say Fulmer is a bad coach. Might be true, but it doesn't make saying it the right thing for that person to do.

Every year the SEC has some serious bottom feeders... I wouldn't go so far as to say anyone can beat anyone. Ole Miss couldn't hold Florida's second string team's jocks, for instance.

I have a clue "man". I don't expect him to say his conference is weak, that would be too close to the truth. I was merely pointing out the humor in his comment. Believe me, i understand coach speak.

To use your example, if Ole Miss played Florida 50 times, then I am in agreement that UF beats them 49 of the times....But no SEC Conference game is a gimme, I don't care who your playing. The SEC has two teams every year that are bad...thats pretty good... a lot better than having five or six that are awful.

Do you own a TV? College football coverage out here is worthless. The average college football fan here has to watch the regional Fox Sports channel and local cable to get any coverage of their team.[/QUOTE]

No, no I dont own a tv, or any household appliance. I live under a rock here in Texas where we ride horses to work and everyone wears a cowboy hat.

If you dont think that the LA media market does not sway what happens to the various polls, regardless of the East Coast influence, you are not being realastic.

Now, I'll go climb under my rock.

agreed.

If you dont think that the LA media market does not sway what happens to the various polls, regardless of the East Coast influence, you are not being realastic.

Now, I'll go climb under my rock.

ridiculous. take a look at the ap poll voting by region. it's dominated by the east, midwest, and the south. The "LA media" might have 3 votes total. and i'd love to know what LA media exists that you think influences anyone outside of california.

agree 100%

ridiculous. take a look at the ap poll voting by region. it's dominated by the east, midwest, and the south. The "LA media" might have 3 votes total. and i'd love to know what LA media exists that you think influences anyone outside of california.
Outside of USC do they still play football in California?

Just jerking your chain Droski

In the last 2 or 3 years though Ole Miss took UF to the wire (with less talent than is currently on the Ole Miss team) and Mississippi State beat UF, Alabama, Auburn. As previously mentioned, Vandy beat Tennessee, Georgia and South Carolina.

I don't think the bottom of the SEC is any less likely to beat the top than the bottom of the Pac-10 is. There's an example every year of a bottom feeder taking out someone at the top.

Face it, scholarship limitations have created a system where anyone can get beat by the worst in their conference - it typically doesn't happen but certainly can.

Face it, scholarship limitations have created a system where anyone can get beat by the worst in their conference - it typically doesn't happen but certainly can.
but geography has also become a pretty big factor with parity rearing its head. It's absolutely the reason that the BigTeleven sucks.

VN Store

Back