USC Head Football Coach Lane Kiffin Fired

What if he trades places with coach jimmy Franklin?

They're also still under scholarship sanctions. They might have more talent, but the depth's just not there to be that successful...especially if recruits don't pan out at one position (like in their current case, QB), which is way to easy to happen

(no I'm not defending the man)

It was his fault to begin with! They weren't under sanctions when he got there 4 yrs ago! Everyone said he was hired to be the poster boy while all this crap was going and which he created to begin with at SC, so what a perfect ending. :cray:

Also our depth issues are his fault as well! We have no players left from his one and only worthless recruiting class! What comes around goes around!

Tears of JOY!

:clapping:

Tennesseeduke

Last edited:
It was his fault to begin with! They weren't under sanctions when he got there 4 yrs ago! Everyone said he was hired to be the poster boy while all this crap was going and which he created to begin with at SC, so what a perfect ending. :cray:

Tears of JOY!

Tennesseeduke

Well technically, no, but he was also hired/ took the job knowing that massive sanctions were coming...it's the reason Carroll left and why so many others turned the job down; they were partially looking for someone to wait it out.

The sanctions that came down came down from the Reggie Bush regime/era from some of the other coaches.

(again, not defending the man)

Tears of JOY!

Tennesseeduke

We all knew this was coming. Im surprised it took this long.

Now in a couple weeks when OU crushes Texas we'll have 2 big jobs open mid season.

Last edited:
We all knew this was coming. Im surprised it took this long.

I think they wanted someone to wait out most of the sanctions.

They appealed the scholarship losses and found another loophole the first two seasons to keep the reductions from actually starting.

I think shortly as Kiffin got to USC he realized that he made a big mistake leaving UT. But one thing that I honestly can say that I respect about Kiffin is that I never have heard him say anything negative about the VOLS. Everything I heard him say was positive. Maybe that is because I don't dig into everything that the man does like some of the fans do on VN. I don't feel good because he got fired at all. I am sooo much more worried about our team & our FAN base right now.

Well said we get these next two and turn this thing around, I really don't care if Lane coaches the Patriots.

I think they wanted someone to wait out most of the sanctions.

They appealed the scholarship losses and found another loophole the first two seasons to keep the reductions from actually starting.

Usc and loopholes. Shocking.

I may be the only one but I doubt they get a top coach. I just dont see the draw.

VN Store

Back