USC 2004 : Team of the decade

Granted if i was a USC fan i would agree as well, but IMO the Canes would have swept the floor with any team from this past decade.

'01 Miami would have housed the '04 USC team hands down....Pat Forde has about zero credibility in my book the guy is a douche, he's usually hatin on people anyways....damn still would have loved to have seen those '01 Vols play Miami

If Auburn hadn't gotten screwed out of their shot in '04...I still think USC probably wins but they don't walk like they did over OU. This would take some luster off and Miami and probably Bama move ahead.

'01 Miami would have housed the '04 USC team hands down....Pat Forde has about zero credibility in my book the guy is a douche, he's usually hatin on people anyways....damn still would have loved to have seen those '01 Vols play Miami

Yeah in your dreams. It would have been a good game, but that USC, thrashed a very good Oklahoma team.. Leinart was better than Dorsey, Bush was better than Mcgahee...and the linemen..hands down go to USC..

I refuse to give them credit as the team of the decade, not because I don't believe they were talented, that's certainly not the issue... there was a deserving Auburn team left out of the mix that year that I think could have given them a tougher time than the Sooners did.
In my opinion though, the team of the decade would be either the 00' Sooners, 01' Canes or the 09' Tide. I think any of these teams could have given the 04' Trojans a run for their money.
Side note; team of the modern era of college football has got to be the 95' Nebraska Cornhuskers, look them up these guys were monstrous and beat the tar out of the vaunted "run -n- gun" Florida Gators. Their closest game that season was a comfortable 35-21 win over Washington State which also happened to be the lowest point total of the season for them, every other game was a blowout.

Last edited:
1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers football team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2004 USC Trojans football team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

contrast and compare.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as ardent a UT fan as anyone else on this board but I have always thought this team was the benchmark by which all other championship teams should be measured. It's not even like they didn't play anyone, look at the rankings and final standings of some of the teams they played in and out of conference, in my opinion better competition than what the 2004 Trojans went up against.

Last edited:
Yeah in your dreams. It would have been a good game, but that USC, thrashed a very good Oklahoma team.. Leinart was better than Dorsey, Bush was better than Mcgahee...and the linemen..hands down go to USC..

Dint be absurd. That OU team had an awful defense. The Reggie Bush argument is borderline idiotic. The guy is Rainey or Demps - between the tackles is ugly for him and that's why McGahee was a better RB at the next level.

The offensive line might be a push, but the defenses are so far apart as to be funny.

If Auburn hadn't gotten screwed out of their shot in '04...I still think USC probably wins but they don't walk like they did over OU. This would take some luster off and Miami and probably Bama move ahead.

...But they didn't get screwed.

the pac-10 was garbage in the early 90s

Oh yeah?

Washington, Cal, UCLA and Stanford all finished in the top 25 in 1991.

Washington beat ranked teams by a combined score of 136-59, including #9 Nebraska and #4 Michigan.

VN Store

Back