USA Women’s 3 x 3 Olympic Team

LadyOrange

I’m going to watch the women’s 3 x 3 Olympic competition with enthusiasm. Kara Lawson, Coach. Stefanie Dolson (Chicago Sky/Connecticut/Port Jervis, N.Y.), Allisha Gray (Dallas Wings/South Carolina/Sandersville, Ga.), Kelsey Plum (Las Vegas Aces/Washington/Poway, Calif.) and Katie Lou Samuelson (Seattle Storm/Connecticut/Huntington Beach, Calif.)

Will watch the 5x5 for laughs.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I’m going to watch the women’s 3 x 3 Olympic competition with enthusiasm. Kara Lawson, Coach. Stefanie Dolson (Chicago Sky/Connecticut/Port Jervis, N.Y.), Allisha Gray (Dallas Wings/South Carolina/Sandersville, Ga.), Kelsey Plum (Las Vegas Aces/Washington/Poway, Calif.) and Katie Lou Samuelson (Seattle Storm/Connecticut/Huntington Beach, Calif.)

Should be fun to watch.

Reactions: LadyOrange

Jackie Young replacing Katie Lou Samuelson (Covid)

Just watched the USA - Mongolia game. Not much of a contest.
The USA will be tough to beat after knocking off #1 ranked France in their first game of the tournament. Next up, for all the insomniacs, is Romania at 4:30am Sunday morning.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
If it remains an Olympic sport there will be other US teams to medal, but there's something special in being the first.

Lawson is a brilliant coach. When she gets some talent at Duke, which is looking like it will be sooner than later, watch out...

I agree and believe Kara will be an outstanding coach, bringing Duke back to join the bluebloods of the sport. She has 3 things going for her that most coaches do not.

1- When she was hired many questioned the move because of no past coaching experience ( not counting NBA ). So, all she did was put together 4 professional players that just happened to win a gold metal for the first time in USA history. I think that counts.
2- She played for Pat, and who would not agree the knowledge she was able to soak in from the legendary coach was extraordinary.
3- For many years she worked for ESPN as a game commentator and WBB studio host. During this time she was able to observe, interview, and ask questions of all the top coaches in the country. She was always there for the big matchups, not to mention the F4. Every good coach says they learn new things everyday by observing other teams, and Kara was able to do this as her work assignments.

I believe she is very prepared for the next chapter in her life, so now we will have another contender to look out for when chasing the NC.

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
Kara has a lot of potential, but she's no Jeff Walz.

Didn't catch much of the women's games, but they were better than the men's games which were absolute chaos.

IMO, just painful to watch. Maybe we can have 3×3 miniature golf with players whacking away at the balls every 12 seconds. Now, that would be entertaining.

Last edited:
If you watched much of the USA 3X3 team they won with defense, rebounding and going inside to the big girl. With Kara the coach, we all know where she learned the importance of that. And it still worked. They totally shut down Russia perimeter shooting and they didn't know what to do. .

Last edited:

VN Store

Back