USA Today on Michigan State

OrangeNehi

A sportswriter for USA Today offered us some hope with this observation:

"Michigan State? A wobbly enigma with shaky chemistry and uncertain team leadership, requiring emergency meetings among the players and Tom Izzo after a sloppy and quick exit from the Big Ten tournament."

Neither Izzo nor his players are total tournament locks given their bad showing in the Big Ten tournament.

It will be interesting to see if the loss of Lucas provides a rallying point for them, much like our loss in January (though quite different in the nature of the loss!).

I don't care if Izzo coached a team full of kindergartners, I would still be afraid.

Except that was 3 games, and 3 NCAAT wins, ago

We knocked off number 1 Kansas about 10 days after we lost our players. The initial rush of team unity that comes with a loss of a key player can last long enough for MSU to finish this tournament. I just hope their tournament is done in about 5 hours.

A sportswriter for USA Today offered us some hope with this observation:

"Michigan State? A wobbly enigma with shaky chemistry and uncertain team leadership, requiring emergency meetings among the players and Tom Izzo after a sloppy and quick exit from the Big Ten tournament."

Neither Izzo nor his players are total tournament locks given their bad showing in the Big Ten tournament.

something you may want to consider with regards to the bad showing at the BTT.... Chris Allen was suspended one game, Summers was basically benched the 2nd half.. and with all that they still took a minnesota team that made the NCAA's to OT.....

The bottom line is, you don't get this deep into the tournament unless you're a good team. Should be a good game today.

Probably also useful to note that MSU sucks in the Big Ten Tournament. Izzo has won it twice. He's also been in 2 National Championship games. :eek:

Who would have thought it would be Michigan State and Butler in the Final Four playing against each other. Many people would have put Kansas, K-State, Syracuse, Georgetown, Ohio State, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Vanderbilt etc. before these teams. Michigan State was a top-dog before the season started and dropped as the season went on, but the fact they are doing all of this without Kalin Lucas is one of the most impressive parts about it. Heck, Tennessee was a shot away from making it as a 6th seed… man I love the NCAA

If you want an in depth write up, preview and predictions for Michigan State vs. Butler go to: NCAA Final Four: Butler vs. Michigan State Preview and Predictions and weigh in on the action.. also vote who you think will move on to the national championship

Butler is SO hot winning 24 straight games.. the last time they lost was back on December 22nd 2009… before X-mas!!! Insane! And the fact they are playing five miles away from their campus is going to be nuts .. talk about home-court advantage!!

VN Store

Back