USA Today All-SEC team

Delmar

Just saw this on the Commercial Appeal website . Good for Hendon and Josh!

USA TODAY Sports Network 2022 All-SEC football team and awards

Quarterback: Hendon Hooker, Tennessee
Wide receiver: Jalin Hyatt, Tennessee
Offensive line: Darnell Wright, Tennessee

Coach of the Year: Josh Heupel, Tennessee
Player of the Year: Hendon Hooker, Tennessee

I think Georgia’s D probably has more than 1 All SEC player…we had the number 1 offense and landed 3 players on offense

Surprisingly they only have one, whereas Bama has three. I wouldn't have guessed that from our experience of playing each team.

Edit: Reading your post again, I see that you're acknowledging that Georgia has only one recognized, but that more should have been recognized.

Reactions: spyfish007
I firmly believe Hooker should have been unanimous; however how is he player of the year but not unanimous for just QB……come on.

OK……..who in the world could say with a straight face Hyatt isn’t all SEC? Seriously? If anyone in the world would be unanimous it should be Hyatt in the SEC.

I’m surprised Ringo wasn’t 1st team. He’s a pretty dang good corner.

Exactly - that pic in the third quarter was just a great defensive play. Hooker made a perfect pass to our biggest, most physical receive but Ringo made an even better play…that was an NFL corner playing.

Exactly - that pic in the third quarter was just a great defensive play. Hooker made a perfect pass to our biggest, most physical receive but Ringo made an even better play…that was an NFL corner playing.
That was nowhere close to a perfect throw lol.
It was underthrown AND to the inside haha.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Just saw this on the Commercial Appeal website . Good for Hendon and Josh!

USA TODAY Sports Network 2022 All-SEC football team and awards

Quarterback: Hendon Hooker, Tennessee
Wide receiver: Jalin Hyatt, Tennessee
Offensive line: Darnell Wright, Tennessee

Coach of the Year: Josh Heupel, Tennessee
Player of the Year: Hendon Hooker, Tennessee
I scanned the list to look at the defensive players, and I wasted my time as I should’ve figured Tennessee had none.

Reactions: VolRage
Right

How could ANYONE not think he is all SEC……seriously.

Just 3rd in nation in yards, 1st in nation in TD’s and has way less receptions than most folks up near the top.

I'm sure the reasoning is something about how he benefits from the scheme, and in their head, other receivers are more talented.

VN Store

Back