US ARMY all american bowl thread

vols kick balls

talk about the game discuss the players and hope for some comits for tennessee
the game starts at 1:00 on NBC

not a whole lotta vols on there this year, last year we just had one or two and we had a great class.

KNS is predicting that unless the Vols manage to get Fafili, that they will not get any commitments today. I remember watching every snap last year waiting for all of UT's commitments to announce their decisions.

Classy move by Fafili going into the stands to shake hands with the troops.

It seems like Jimmy is still considering us pretty much, what other schools are high on his list?

Mustain is not looking too hot in this game. I'm not sure what his stats are, but he seems to be overthrowing a lot of receivers. Maybe he's just a bit rusty... I hope this isn't an indication of his overall talent. Oh well, at this point I'd still be happy to get any high-rated QB. Go Vols.

Well the road is calling. I hope we're out there working on a few steals. Few decent ones are left on the board. We racked up here last year but you have to expect after a bad year and the bandwagon effect of this year's top teams we'd come out empty. Odds are we'll rely on a lot of 3-stars this year and pound back to the top next year for another try then.

(kptvol @ Jan 7 said:
Mustain is not looking too hot in this game. I'm not sure what his stats are, but he seems to be overthrowing a lot of receivers. Maybe he's just a bit rusty... I hope this isn't an indication of his overall talent. Oh well, at this point I'd still be happy to get any high-rated QB. Go Vols.

I agree..he didn't look as hyped..but with limited practice I didn't expect an all world type performance either.

1510 out of Nashville said we were shut out. No UT commits from the game. We had like 6-7 last year!

Everyone is all rushing to the top 10 teams this year. I guess most could care less about crowding teams and lessened chances to play. They'd rather just go to play for a top 10 school.

I'd like to know what the conventional wisdom is out there about UT this year or if there are latent rumors discouraging those to come here. I just find it hard to believe that only a 5-6 season has hindered recruiting. Some may say the whole coaching change issue is contributing. But we're only getting someone who was once here and proved himself.

I guess we either accept a mediocre recruiting season or hope that there are a few steals in the works.

come on lets wait till the end to see if we have a bad recruiting season. we are still in the top 35 in recruiting and you know we only have 11 guys. i mean fulmer will get at least 5 more guys and then the class will be good. dont forget almost half the class last year redshirted so i mean its not like we dont already have alot..

"Moo"stain didn't look very impressive.

That Hazaleton WR looked like a freak out there.

Could've did without seeing Tebow's crack on that fumble multiple times...

(tidwell @ Jan 7 said:
"Moo"stain

I noticed that too. What the heck was up with that announcer? It's not like the name is THAT hard to pronounce.

(vols2345 @ Jan 7 said:
come on lets wait till the end to see if we have a bad recruiting season. we are still in the top 35 in recruiting and you know we only have 11 guys. i mean fulmer will get at least 5 more guys and then the class will be good. dont forget almost half the class last year redshirted so i mean its not like we dont already have alot..

Remember guys, it's not enough to get a good recruiting class. We have to develop the players we do have too.

Anyone know how many of those who played are still undeclared? I wonder if our efforts haven't failed at the game but just were working on some who will later commit rather than make a big scene choosing hats at the game.

VN Store

Back