Uros Plavsic commits to Tennessee

Barnes was “helpful”in the process and moving back close to home was used as the reason for the transfer

Had zero to with him not playing last year
I agree on the last part, but supposedly close to home is no longer a factor...so Plavsic should be able to use closer to “home” as well then, right?

Bruin - you’re discussing the NCAA as if they are consistent in their rulings and you have a clear understanding of their criteria. To me, this past football off season demonstrated the NCAA’s lack of consistent ruling on transfer eligibility.

Bruin - you’re discussing the NCAA as if they are consistent in their rulings and you have a clear understanding of their criteria. To me, this past football off season demonstrated the NCAA’s lack of consistent ruling on transfer eligibility.

I actually think there's a lot of consistency in the NCAA and their rulings, we just don't get all the information before/during/after because we're fans on the outside and only hear about the end results. We don't know all the details of the process. All we know is how it's communicated and that's through the coaches/media, each with their own spin and take on the situation.

Reactions: GoVolunteers
I actually think there's a lot of consistency in the NCAA and their rulings, we just don't get all the information before/during/after because we're fans on the outside and only hear about the end results. We don't know all the details of the process. All we know is how it's communicated and that's through the coaches/media, each with their own spin and take on the situation.

I think there is more consistency than most think I agree but the problem with the ncaa is they keep changing their approach on waivers. 15 years or so ago they gave them out like they do now and then they said they would only give them out if an immediate family member was fatally ill and then they flip flopped back 3-4 years ago. That causes confusion so many think they are inconsistent.

One thing they have been very consistent on over the years is players aren’t given waivers because of playing time. Those things aren’t even mentioned in a request unless it’s for the medial RS.

I don’t see how Fields and the ensuing QB transfers aren’t playing time related. Actually, I think there’s enough inconsistencies that any transfer player who is willing to spend the money on a legal battle is very likely to win in the court room. JMO

I don’t see how Fields and the ensuing QB transfers aren’t playing time related. Actually, I think there’s enough inconsistencies that any transfer player who is willing to spend the money on a legal battle is very likely to win in the court room. JMO

They clearly left for playing time but they also clearly used other toxic reasons that the ncaa didn’t want to touch with a ten ft pole to state as the reason they left the schools they did. You can bet there was no mention of playing time in there waiver request

What’s to prevent every transfer from concocting a “toxic reason “ for leaving their current school?

What’s to prevent every transfer from concocting a “toxic reason “ for leaving their current school?

There isn’t

I’ve half joked that if I was a player wanting to transfer I’d create a username on my own teams message boards and post a threatening post. I’d copy it before it got deleted and use it in my appeal when I said I was leaving that school because I feared for my well being.

“Joe Smith sucks as a player. I hope I run into that sorry **** and if I do I’ll beat the hell out of him”

That should do it after I get a counselor to claim I was depressed, feared for my well being and it was in the best interest of my mental state to leave that school

UT should just rewrite the waiver request from Winthrop for Burns.
Freshman, redshirted, didn’t work out. Assistant coach left. No particular burden. Good academic standing. Granted immediate eligibility.
I’m sorry, what are we waiting on?

UT should just rewrite the waiver request from Winthrop for Burns.
Freshman, redshirted, didn’t work out. Assistant coach left. No particular burden. Good academic standing. Granted immediate eligibility.
I’m sorry, what are we waiting on?

We helped in the process of Burns getting eligibility. It would be nice if all schools did this, but some schools want to make it as hard as possible.

Doesn’t really fit the “Arizona State didn’t want him” narrative.
No idea how you arrive that.

The school a player is leaving “helps” the student by corroborating the students migrating circumstance for leaving. I don’t blame any school for not “playing that game” when it’s clear than many times those circumstances are let’s just say in the gray area of the truth.

No reason to not give blessing and be as helpful as possible to a kid if you no longer want him to be a part of your program...case in point, DJ Burns.

Reactions: butchna
No idea how you arrive that.

The school a player is leaving “helps” the student by corroborating the students migrating circumstance for leaving. I don’t blame any school for not “playing that game” when it’s clear than many times those circumstances are let’s just say in the gray area of the truth.
I don’t understand why a school wouldn’t be happy to assist a kid who they weren’t sorry to lose in the first place. That doesn’t necessarily require them to lie for the kid. But, they don’t have to make things difficult for him, either. This isn’t a case of extremes. There is a middle ground that ASU seems hesitant to tread.

I don’t understand why a school wouldn’t be happy to assist a kid who they weren’t sorry to lose in the first place. That doesn’t necessarily require them to lie for the kid. But, they don’t have to make things difficult for him, either. This isn’t a case of extremes. There is a middle ground that ASU seems hesitant to tread.
Yup, exactly.

No reason to not give blessing and be as helpful as possible to a kid if you no longer want him to be a part of your program...case in point, DJ Burns.

Sure there is a reason to not help if agreeing with that mitigating circumstance means that school is admitting to some kind of role in that persons well being being threatened

With Soloman there were rumors that part of his waiver request included the allegation that michigan pushed him into playing with an injury.

That’s a perfect example of a waiver where the school being left wouldn’t help. They wouldn’t admit to that. No chance

Sure there is a reason to not help if agreeing with that mitigating circumstance means that school is admitting to some kind of role in that persons well being being threatened
That’s also assuming that’s what is being claimed, or that something damning is being claimed...if the case is simply the AC being let go and Plavsic being told he would be there for his ASU tenure then I don’t see much reason for ASU to be anything but helpful.

I haven’t seen any mention of Plavsic’s well being having been threatened, have you?

Reactions: butchna
That’s also assuming that’s what is being claimed, or that something damning is being claimed...if the case is simply the AC being let go and Plavsic being told he would be there for his ASU tenure then I don’t see much reason for ASU to be anything but helpful.

I haven’t seen any mention of Plavsic’s well being having been threatened, have you?
Bruin hastily searches clickbait articles...

Reactions: BillVol7

VN Store

Back