Urban Meyer fired

Too bad for him- the Jags owner really destroyed his chance to get a major job at a large school. If he had been fired a month ago, then he could have been hired by Notre Dame or USC.

Too bad for him- the Jags owner really destroyed his chance to get a major job at a large school. If he had been fired a month ago, then he could have been hired by Notre Dame or USC.

Urban lost any chance at a college job for the next few years after he went to a bar on his bye week and got drunk and let blonde chicks grind on him.

The sad thing is, heā€™ll land back on his feet as a talking head on Fox or NBC and everyone will pretend heā€™s not a complete waste of air.

I donā€™t man. He has lost a ton of credibility this year with his antics and the Josh Lambo story does not help at all.

Iā€™m sure some desperate P5 team would hire him in for 2023 or 2024 after some of the hoopla dies around him. He is one of the 15 best college coaches ever. But that is not gonna be a fun press conference to start.

Iā€™m sure a ton of Florida State and Texas fans are starting Urban threads right now though lol

So the kicking incident occurred in the summer. It was a known situation with the team, yet only when it becomes public knowledge he gets canned.
Like I ask in another thread, how the hell did someone not beat Urban's ass?

So the kicking incident occurred in the summer. It was a known situation with the team, yet only when it becomes public knowledge he gets canned.
Like I ask in another thread, how the hell did someone not beat Urban's ass?

Lambo went public with it yesterday, thatā€™s why. . He apparently reported it to the team the next day, was told the team would be in contact with him about it and they never did.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
Lambo went public with it yesterday, thatā€™s why. . He apparently reported it to the team the next day, was told the team would be in contact with him about it and they never did.
Thats not how I took the attached article.

Iā€™m sure some desperate P5 team would hire him in for 2023 or 2024 after some of the hoopla dies around him. He is one of the 15 best college coaches ever. But that is not gonna be a fun press conference to start.

Iā€™m sure a ton of Florida State and Texas fans are starting Urban threads right now though lol
Yep. He can get another P5 job next off season. Heck OSU will hire him back if Ryan Day bolts for Bears.

We've all known for years he's a scum bag and this year has been a Christmas present for all of us to see him publicly humiliated for his antics that couldn't be covered up like they were no doubt when he coached college teams. Today is a glorious day.

By the way

NFL Records:

Bobby Petrino 3-10
Urban Meyer 2-11

We've all known for years he's a scum bag and this year has been a Christmas present for all of us to see him publicly humiliated for his antics that couldn't be covered up like they were no doubt when he coached college teams. Today is a glorious day.

By the way

NFL Records:

Bobby Petrino 3-10
Urban Meyer 2-11

For the record, Petrino left on his own and Blank wasn't close to firing him.

Reactions: MAD
What a complete disaster that was I mean knew he wouldnā€™t make it very long in the NFL but to go out the way he did was just comical. Heā€™s only 57 though so I expect he will be back in college somewhere within the next couple of years.

VN Store

Back