Upon further review....

holdemvol

Just watched the presser for the 2nd time and the somehow the first time around I missed the following comment by Fulmer...."He (Clawson) was just hard headed enough to argue with me about a number of things which I really liked because I am looking forward to moving on and looking at some other concepts that are out there". If Fulmer was looking to make the comfortable hire, Debord would have fit that mold much more than a young guy coming in there and challenging Fulmer about offensive philosophies. The more I hear the more I like Clawson.

Fulmer is excited, that's sayin' somethin about the guy. I think this is great for UT!:clapping:

To Claw,
In games where Tenn is up by 14 or more at the half, please do not call ran plays (killing the clock like Cut does in the second half with a lead) and going three and out. Continue to move the ball down the field.

To Claw,
In games where Tenn is up by 14 or more at the half, please do not call ran plays (killing the clock like Cut does in the second half with a lead) and going three and out. Continue to move the ball down the field.
Yes, please do not kill the clock. We would like you to give the opposition as much time as possible to catch up.

He (Clawson) was just hard headed enough to argue with me about a number of things which I really liked because I am looking forward to moving on and looking at some other concepts that are out there".

I heard that as well....that was one part that put a large :) on my face

Yes, please do not kill the clock. We would like you to give the opposition as much time as possible to catch up.

Cut thinks by running the ball 3 straight times kills the clock. It actually forced way too many 3 and outs this season. Moving the chains down the field actually builds up the drive, uses more clock, and may even lead to points.

Cut thinks by running the ball 3 straight times kills the clock. It actually forced way too many 3 and outs this season. Moving the chains down the field actually builds up the drive, uses more clock, and may even lead to points.
I understand that, I just couldn't resist.

how many times did we actually run the ball 3 times in a row and have a 3 n Out? Not many.

Actually it was incomplete pass, incomplete pass, incomplete pass, punt...which killed like about 17 seconds. :)

Actually it was incomplete pass, incomplete pass, incomplete pass, punt...whick killed like about 17 seconds. :)

Nah, it was a 3 yard pass, incomplete pass, 4 yard pass then punt. Still only killed 17 seconds though.

To Claw,

I maybe wrong. Do not think I am but Clawson will not take the foot off the gas unless someone does it for him. If you go to the Richmond site you will see by reviewing plsy by play that he did not rest the offense in games with leads. Pretty consistant in all play calling...

I maybe wrong. Do not think I am but Clawson will not take the foot off the gas unless someone does it for him. If you go to the Richmond site you will see by reviewing plsy by play that he did not rest the offense in games with leads. Pretty consistant in all play calling...

I hate running up the score, but it does factor into BCS rankings...

Just watched the presser. Very impressive. Both gentlemen said all the right things. Now if they can just back up their words with their actions. I am optimistic about the future of TN football. Woot Woot

I am impressed after watching the announcement. CLS seems to be really impressive also. We might just have a genius here in CDC!

I hate running up the score, but it does factor into BCS rankings...

You must have been a UF fan in the SOS days, because we rarely run the score up. It's good for us Vol fans that play the spreads, because if we get a big lead in the first half, the oposing team is a dead lock in the 2nd half. Not so sure now with this Clawson fellow. My passive income may suffer...

VN Store

Back