Updated UT Point Spread vs UF

IIRC, bama was -8.5 or -9 at kick

Just went back and looked cuz I was curious too. We were -22.5 at kick. I hope we're up 70-3 still trying to score this year.

That game will forever live in infamy. The silver lining I guess is that it sent us a clear message that you never overlook an SEC game, especially on the road. Every player, and every fan (including me), thought we would sleep walk through that one.

Right. Then they hire a real P5 coach who will fix it.
Never sleep on UF.. just be ready to punch them in the mouth

Yup...can't believe they missed again. By the time they get it fixed, will be long forgotten due to realignments. Just like Auburn post-1990.

That game will forever live in infamy. The silver lining I guess is that it sent us a clear message that you never overlook an SEC game, especially on the road. Every player, and every fan (including me), thought we would sleep walk through that one.

It's right next to 2001 SEC Championship for all time worse loss.

I'm a "Diehard Vol For Life"...but...for the last 33 years...you'd be STUPID to bet AGAINST Florida vs Tennessee...ANY year!

And we haven't won in the Swamp since 2004!

Heck, last time we won the East, we lost in Gainesville 59-20 the same year.

Reactions: Coach_Z
I see alot of overconfidence on here that we are going to easily win this game. Just remember we haven’t won in the swamp in 20 years and this will be Joe’s first true road test this game won’t be easy and it won’t be a cakewalk. We barely held on last year to win. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if we lose to Florida this season because I’ve seen other Vol teams that were better than Florida go down there choke and lose.

Reactions: TN1111 and Coach_Z
Please be true. I really hope Florida really is that bad this year and this isn't yet another offseason where we want them to suck but they beat us during the season.

Reactions: norrislakevol

There is no silver lining to that game I’m afraid.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
In year3, if Tennessee can recreate 80% of its success from year2, then we'll be able to recruit in the top5 annually. When we have a 4yr recruiting avg in or near the top5 nationally, watch out. Tennessee will appear in/win the national title by 2026, mark my words.

Right. Then they hire a real P5 coach who will fix it.
Never sleep on UF.. just be ready to punch them in the mouth
I really hope they do hire a good coach, Georgia has had it easy with Auburn and Florida being down, and they probably aren't our permanent opponent after this year.

I really hope they do hire a good coach, Georgia has had it easy with Auburn and Florida being down, and they probably aren't our permanent opponent after this year.
honestly which kinda sucks... I love the Florida game most of all

We have a history of blowing great seasons by losing to them

1992 and 2016 come to mind.

Fans didn’t matter. Defense having a lack of scrotum did.

Yup...can't believe they missed again. By the time they get it fixed, will be long forgotten due to realignments. Just like Auburn post-1990.
Being fair to AU, since 90, they’ve played for 2 NC, won one, won 3 SEC, and had 2 more undefeated seasons in 93 and 04 where they didn’t play for a natty.

VN Store

Back