TX2TN    4
MagnoliaVol    3
YankeeVol    2
the_great_pumpkin    1
matts42012    1
VolsSportsFan    1
Pride85    1

yes sir it is...in the contest and on the field...thanks OT...AND,

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We didn’t cover the spread for both games.
Yes, I predicted the outcome of the game results and not mere incidentals like covering the spread or not.
If predicting the correct outcome earns no points because of some kind of side bet like the spread,
then I would have predicted something other than the correct outcome. A win is a win. A sweep is a sweep.
I didn't ask for bonus points, but certainly if the name of the game is "pick em" and the verbiage
says points are awarded for picking the correct outcome, and I picked the correct outcome,
then I expect the points. If there's a weasel clause to renege based on the spread, I still correctly
picked the true and correct outcome = victory. I know the truth is that I picked the correct outcome (I said sweep and the Vols swept) so if someone got points who didn't pick the same way I did, then they lost no matter how shiny they attempt to polish that turd that they try to pass off as an alternative "correct outcome."

Either way it's scored, I'm happy knowing I predicted 100% correctly the outcome (which only means one thing) each time whether it is correctly recognized or not. If the correct outcome is not the "em" that we are to pick, then it would be nice to know that the goalposts had been moved after the season started. I saw the fine print about the 4 runs or more later after I already picked the correct outcome but I also read picking the correct outcome was the object of the game ultimately and not by how many runs we won by, because that is certainly NOT just the correct outcome but is a factor that leads to the outcome of the sweep since we won all the games just as I predicted correctly.

Is there a different kind of contest going where we're predicting against the spread now too? That would be cool. If there is, I'll look forward to that thread as it should be separate from the pick em since pick em is the outcome contest and nothing to do with the spread.

Updated: Okay. I just saw in smaller print that this was the special handicapped league instead of the real deal. In that case, you guys who didn't pick sweep won too. ;-)

Last edited:
Yes, I predicted the outcome of the game results and not mere incidentals like covering the spread or not.
If predicting the correct outcome earns no points because of some kind of side bet like the spread,
then I would have predicted something other than the correct outcome. A win is a win. A sweep is a sweep.
I didn't ask for bonus points, but certainly if the name of the game is "pick em" and the verbiage
says points are awarded for picking the correct outcome, and I picked the correct outcome,
then I expect the points. If there's a weasel clause to renege based on the spread, I still correctly
picked the true and correct outcome = victory. I know the truth is that I picked the correct outcome (I said sweep and the Vols swept) so if someone got points who didn't pick the same way I did, then they lost no matter how shiny they attempt to polish that turd that they try to pass off as an alternative "correct outcome."

Either way it's scored, I'm happy knowing I predicted 100% correctly the outcome (which only means one thing) each time whether it is correctly recognized or not. If the correct outcome is not the "em" that we are to pick, then it would be nice to know that the goalposts had been moved after the season started. I saw the fine print about the 4 runs or more later after I already picked the correct outcome but I also read picking the correct outcome was the object of the game ultimately and not by how many runs we won by, because that is certainly NOT just the correct outcome but is a factor that leads to the outcome of the sweep since we won all the games just as I predicted correctly.

Is there a different kind of contest going where we're predicting against the spread now too? That would be cool. If there is, I'll look forward to that thread as it should be separate from the pick em since pick em is the outcome contest and nothing to do with the spread.

Updated: Okay. I just saw in smaller print that this was the special handicapped league instead of the real deal. In that case, you guys who didn't pick sweep won too. ;-)

If you’d like to file a formal complaint request I can run it by the 3 person committee and see if you have a case in which you are awarded points for not correctly picking the outcome based on the rules set aside for that game or series. Just let me know, the panel typically responds very quickly.....OT

If you’d like to file a formal complaint request I can run it by the 3 person committee and see if you have a case in which you are awarded points for not correctly picking the outcome based on the rules set aside for that game or series. Just let me know, the panel typically responds very quickly.....OT

:D...KUDOS to the panel of the finest gentlemen I know...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't want you to set the rules aside just because I correctly picked the outcome and would never file a formal complaint to see if I had a case. I'll just keep predicting the outcome correctly and leave the complaining for someone else. Congrats to all who were awarded points for not picking sweep when the Vols swept and to the 3 person committee for keeping track of it all. I didn't expect "new math" from the Old Timer. There was a time when a win was a win. But seriously, this has all been good fun. Go Vols!

VN Store

Back