UPDATED... Athletic Director hot board

when an administration hires a "search team" to come up with a list of candidates tells me all I need to know about "said" administration...they suck...:)

GO VOLS...ONE MORE FOR THE ROAD!

Reactions: 1 person
I say we hire Bubba. I like guys named Bubba.

I love how people on here think they have a damned clue about an AD job and who is or isn't qualified LOL.
The ignorance I read on here is only eclipsed by the arrogance I read on here.

Calling Deerpark, I would like to know what you could possibly share with the rest of us on this search. Thanks

He would be the best guy for the job however I've watched the administration screw up hires over and over again on the hill. Im not holding my breathe, they'll probably give it to that clown Gilbert because hes there.

Sounds about right. Ever since Fulmer was fired, our ADs have been highly questionable at best. It all starts at the top

TN VOLS ONE, I read that Mr. Anderson is the one that is kinda bumping against the hire of Blackburn, is there some bad blood there from Kiffin or is it something else, that is if you have any knowledge of the situation of course.

My father was friends with David Blackburn's father Henry (Hank). He was a decent football coach and a great man. I have no doubt that David would make a great job as AD at UT.

I say we hire Bubba. I like guys named Bubba.

I love how people on here think they have a damned clue about an AD job and who is or isn't qualified LOL.
The ignorance I read on here is only eclipsed by the arrogance I read on here.

Just a question: Do you like guys named Butch?

I would love to see Blackburn I have been around him many times during the 90's always super and always remembered me. Remembered him best from the Notre Dame game on the train from Chicago to South Bend. Yes I was with a Big Donor he sit on the train with us and chatted for along time and listen to everything I said. He has done a great job at UTC and he loves Tennessee it would be ashame if he is not at the top of the list.

Unless something goes terribly wrong I can assure you that DB will be our guy.

There are plans being put into place for the next two years as it relates to the football program overall. CPF is also planning on playing a much larger role in the program moving forward...I will leave you with that to chew on.....

Reactions: 10 people

There are plans being put into place for the next two years as it relates to the football program overall. CPF is also planning on playing a much larger role in the program moving forward...I will leave you with that to chew on.....

Sounds like all around good news to me. :good!:

I really hope you are right

So does anybody know why theres a push back from Anderson in regards to hiring Blackburn or is just a booster wanting his own in house puppet.

The only hiccup so far I have heard about is one prominent booster that has some issuses with Blackburn.

Outside of that he sounds like the guy.

He is also pretty popular with a lot of people that know more about what UT needs than the average Joe here.

Thanks Beecher, I had heard that Blackburn had a pretty good hand in the Kiffin hire at the time and thought maybe it was because of that.

VN Store

Back