(Updated 7/13) 2021 MLB Draft and Roster Management Discussion Thread

Now that Pav has signed with the Orioles, the ones that haven't signed yet are Leath, Spikes, Halvorsen, and House. If I recall correctly, the signing deadline is August 1. I also think Halvorsen is coming to campus.

Thanks for keping us abreast of the latest, Gal. I think it's been announced that Halvorsen is coming back to campus. Not sure, though. I have no doubt House will sign, he's a first rounder. I'd love to see Leath come back if he thinks it best for his future. Can never have too much pitching.

Reactions: TN_gal
Thanks for keping us abreast of the latest, Gal. I think it's been announced that Halvorsen is coming back to campus. Not sure, though. I have no doubt House will sign, he's a first rounder. I'd love to see Leath come back if he thinks it best for his future. Can never have too much pitching.

You're welcome, Al. I agree about Halvorsen coming to campus. Coach V was asked about him in his recent media availability. Re: House and Spikes, at this point, I think it'll be a surprise if they both make it to campus. The general expectation is that they will sign. Re: Leath - in one of Coach V's recent interviews, he sounded like Leath was ready to turn pro if he passed a physical exam.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Now that Pav has signed with the Orioles, the ones that haven't signed yet are Leath, Spikes, Halvorsen, and House. If I recall correctly, the signing deadline is August 1. I also think Halvorsen is coming to campus.

Didn't realize about the deadline, thanks for the info!

Reactions: TN_gal
You're welcome, Prof!

I found this recent notable tweet about Spikes:

The Rays' "toughest" signing? Hmm.

Would be interested to know the amount in their pool left that they can offer him. Still not getting my hopes up.

Reactions: vol66
Yeah….Rays have been under slot with every pick almost. Spikes is a goner

Good point. They have been under slot with most of their picks so far. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Aside from Spikes, they have 3 more left to sign.

Reactions: volz2wallz

Since it's quiet at the moment, why not dig up some fun old stuff?

If you only knew what this meant. My wife told me yesterday that Kirby put on a camp to raise money for ALS in honor of me and Cheese etc.. I said last week I was a huge Kirby fan. I can't thank him enough. It takes awareness to raise funds and funds for research that will one day find a cure for this horrible disease. I know about his Dad but this how I feel about ALS No offense but #****ALS

If you only knew what this meant. My wife told me yesterday that Kirby put on a camp to raise money for ALS in honor of me and Cheese etc.. I said last week I was a huge Kirby fan. I can't thank him enough. It takes awareness to raise funds and funds for research that will one day find a cure for this horrible disease. I know about his Dad but this how I feel about ALS No offense but #****ALS

Thanks so much for sharing! Definitely a huge tip of the cap to Kirby, Cheese, and the Vols for their efforts and awareness; just a great group of guys. Also, as a graduate of Boston College, I'm very proud of what Pete started and the impact he has had on awareness and fundraising for ALS research.

Edit: sending along prayers for you and your family, TD

Last edited:
He is a huge fan of you and Chad. When we decided to do a free clinic to give back to his community, he said I want to do something to promote ALS and the Dallas family. Small part but every part helps to find solutions and a cure. Praying for you guys.

VN Store

Back