UPDATE: Urban Meyer's resignation is now a leave of absence

ONLY IN FLORIDA.......this is going to be a big mess. Good for us though, GO VOLS.:)

My thoughts exactly. Not really sure what good will come from it? Either one guy is the HC or the other guy is. What if the other guy has solid success. Does he get replaced because Urbie's vacation is over? What ever, hope the gators go down hard.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I guess I see where your going.. but I'm not buying into it. He'll come back and get the recruits back. Big deal. This was going good but now that he's coming back its dumb. I guess we'll just have to see him in 1-2 years. Doesn't really make a difference in my book. :hi:

As much as I'm inclined to give the guy the benefit of the doubt due to health concerns, it is a little hard to believe that Meyer and Foley didn't get together and think this through a little better and avoid this becoming a soap opera.

I've had the exact same thing happen to me a couple of times that supposedly happened to Meyer -- the sudden stabbing chest pains, the trip to the ER, the tests, the eventual determination that your heart is supposedly fine. It's terrifying. It's easy to see why Meyer would walk away from coaching if he thought that the stress was causing it.

What's not as easy to see is why he'd be willing to put up with it for a long time (as has been reported) and then suddenly decide that it's intolerable after he loses the SECCG, when he's about to lose Tebow and most of his defense going forward. Or why he would supposedly have weeks of soul-searching about it, decide to quit, and then change his mind about it less than 24 hours later. Either it's intolerable or it's not, and apparently it's not. It's just that Meyer can live with it when he's winning and not when he doesn't.

We had a situation at Tennessee a few years back where a coach (Johnny Majors) took a leave of absense and name an assistant (Phillip Fulmer) as interm coach, and he won three games in a row and so Majors came back, but it was to late because Phillip replaced him and took his team while he was sick. Is there not a chance that Addazio could do the same to Meyer. Couldn't happen to a better team

you think CUM's an alcholic like Majors?

129064171160002445.jpg

129064175593496693.jpg

I've had the exact same thing happen to me a couple of times that supposedly happened to Meyer -- the sudden stabbing chest pains, the trip to the ER, the tests, the eventual determination that your heart is supposedly fine. It's terrifying. It's easy to see why Meyer would walk away from coaching if he thought that the stress was causing it.

What's not as easy to see is why he'd be willing to put up with it for a long time (as has been reported) and then suddenly decide that it's intolerable after he loses the SECCG, when he's about to lose Tebow and most of his defense going forward. Or why he would supposedly have weeks of soul-searching about it, decide to quit, and then change his mind about it less than 24 hours later. Either it's intolerable or it's not, and apparently it's not. It's just that Meyer can live with it when he's winning and not when he doesn't.

his mental illness, maybe more of a factor than his physical illness'

This has Jeremy Foley written all over it. I bet he talked Meyer into this leave in hopes that he comes back eventually. It sounds like a ploy to save the recruiting class. It might blow up on Foley if Meyer decides to go to the NFL after his leave. Less stress with no recruiting and baby sitting of players.

I still think they will lose some recruits this year and Juniors will still leave early for the NFL. Regardless, UF will take a dip next year.

LINK: Urban Meyer to take indefinite leave of absence rather than step down

. . .

Meyer broke the news to the team before their boarded their flight to New Orleans, where they will play Cincinnati in the Sugar Bowl on Friday. Assistant coach Dan McCarney confirmed the news before the team left Gainesville, saying of Meyer, "He walked around the practice field today and knew he made a mistake. We don't know if it's going to be one month, three months or six months, but he's coming back."

. . .

I'm saying he brought a ton of attention Florida's way yesterday. Plus I was being sarcastic as well. Maybe he was tired of Kiffin getting all the attention.

Im gonna retire. I have given the university of Florida my entire concentration for the past few seasons. I need to step away and worry about my health. Nevermind, I'm coming back. I've changed my mind.

VN Store

Back