Update, prayers answered! Thank you!

My new grandson, Silas Xavier, was born one month early by emergency C-section. He was in the NICU for nearly 10 days, but they got to bring him home several days ago. Everything was going fine, and he has been gaining weight and feeding well, but just now they have had to rush him to the emergency room because he is projectile vomiting and has a high fever. All prayers appreciated.

UPDATE: Just heard all tests came back normal, baby is eating again and they are heading home for the night. Thank God, and thanks to all of you! Some scary hours, but looks like everything is going to be ok. I am normally not too jumpy about this kind of thing after raising 4 boys, but back in the late 80s we lost a baby daughter only 8 days after bringing her home, so probably a little bit of PTSD kicking in. Thank you for all your prayers and encouragement and stories. This place needs a "love" button. Prayer is real, and so are you.
Excellent! Just excellent

My new grandson, Silas Xavier, was born one month early by emergency C-section. He was in the NICU for nearly 10 days, but they got to bring him home several days ago. Everything was going fine, and he has been gaining weight and feeding well, but just now they have had to rush him to the emergency room because he is projectile vomiting and has a high fever. All prayers appreciated.

UPDATE: Just heard all tests came back normal, baby is eating again and they are heading home for the night. Thank God, and thanks to all of you! Some scary hours, but looks like everything is going to be ok. I am normally not too jumpy about this kind of thing after raising 4 boys, but back in the late 80s we lost a baby daughter only 8 days after bringing her home, so probably a little bit of PTSD kicking in. Thank you for all your prayers and encouragement and stories. This place needs a "love" button. Prayer is real, and so are you.
just read this. you have every right to be jumpy my friend.

God is good.

Keep the faith always❤

So thankful and happy for your family. We now move that from the “prayer “ side of the board over to the “praise” side of the board. I do this every week in my Bible Fellowship Class that I teach, so everyone can se how God is working in just one class every week.

That is the GREATEST news I have heard!

Great news! I imagine your little baby daughter being the angel that helped see Silas through this ordeal.

My son is a nurse in the Children's Hospital over in Atlanta. Saints and heroes! Tell them thank you and give them a big hug for me the next time you see them.
Many times I've shared with my NIC nurse daughter-in-law how I feel about caring nurses. My triple bypass & recovery a couple of years ago reinforced that. Oh, male nurses are great too!

Attachments

• Nurses are special.jpg
    Nurses are special.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 1

Great to hear. Praying everything stays good with the little one.

Was thinking about little Silas this morning and wondered how he was doing. Hope he is well as there is nothing in this world that makes you feel more fearful and helpless than a sick baby.

Was thinking about little Silas this morning and wondered how he was doing. Hope he is well as there is nothing in this world that makes you feel more fearful and helpless than a sick baby.

He's doing fine, has already gained a pound and an inch in height! Now his big sister has strep and a temp of 103, so she's probably going to spend the weekend with us.

VN Store

Back