Unlike the last three coaches, the more I see of Pruitt the better I feel

A coach who wants to be successful at Alabama will not want to follow Saban. The expectations would be out the roof for the first coach. What Saban has accomplished, we'll probably never see again in our life time.

Reactions: 2 people
Nobody knows what Pruitt is gonna do except for Pruitt. He might wanna build his own legacy here and who in their right mind would rather live in Tuscaloosa than Knoxville on top of that.

Selling point #1

Attachments

• IMG_20180630_153223289_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
    IMG_20180630_153223289_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 1 person
I think the cornbread gif is probably a bigger positive to the program than the last three coaches combined.

Despite being a big Fulmer fan, I was decidedly unimpressed with the Pruitt hire. But by this time in their tenure Coach Freshwater and delivered the Pahokee Package, Dooley had washed us with Showergate and Butch was the ringleader in his circus of cliches. The flush of initial optimism once they reached campus (except Kiffin which was always going to end in disaster), Stooley and Botch from the start were metriculating to the status of former head coaches in my eyes.

Maybe I started from from a different place with Pruitt but it's different this time. His "I will confront them" after the Orange and White Game is just light years from "Looking for Rommel" or 366, bricks, Life Champions. Recruiting looks poised in the right direction. I have more confidence the team will be SEC ready.

We got to see what happens on Fall Saturdays but for the first time in a decade a coach is not disappointing me moments after he arrives on campus.

Kiffin was like a glass of cool spring water for a program dying on a sand dune.

If he does a good enough job to be the next in line to follow the most successful HC in CFB history, I will take it !

While I agree with this post.

There is no glory in following a legend. You can do no better, only match it. You can be forever remembered for "turning UT around" rather than "riding Sabans coat tails"

VN Store

Back