Unis for UF?

iu

I could seriously get behind this 'un.....

That helmet....... anyone have a brick wall they need a "me" sized hole in?

Reactions: dduncan4163
Seriously.... are we the only fanbase that actually gets this bent if it's not "these are our team colors!!! arglebargle"....

Orange over white, white over orange, orange on orange, stormtoopers, grey (gray?), black, checkerboard stripe (or not)...

Put on a uni (any uni..., (the birthday suit post was funny)).... Play and win the ******* game..

I don't give a happy d*** if TN wears pink with neon green polka-dots and purple propeller beanies.....

As long as the result is "scoreboard"

it’s fairly obvious when it’s shown how hype they get when an alternate is announced plus people like special occasions. Not everyone are boomer fans who are upset the wishbone isn’t the pinnacle of football innovation.

Alright, so you have no proof and project what you want onto the athletes. Got it. That is the explanation I was looking for.

They only exist because Jeremy Pruitt told his players they could have a black uniform for a social justice campaign, then it took Nike more than a year to make them happen. They decided to wear them last year since they were on hand and Nike came up with the “Dark Mode” name to justify it. But much of the gear Nike designed for retail to go along with them was stuck in the supply chain and didn’t come through until this summer. So Nike extended them for another year. But starting next year, going back to Smokey Grey (and Summitt Blue for LV teams) for dark colored alternates in all sports. No more black, unless it is a throwback look.

Scratch this. Dark mode is staying in the rotation, it appears, even with the annual Smokey Grey program.

Any particular reason why it’s sticking around now?

Three reasons, and I'll let you guess which is actually the driver here.

1. It looks awesome for night games.

2. They ordered a full set of black helmets that could easily be auctioned off to cover the cost, but would better be used again.

3. Black is obviously a stock color for Nike, meaning the "Dark Mode" retail jerseys, shirts, polos, pullovers, jackets and sweatshirts are easily produced in large quantities and can be re-ordered by retailers, as opposed to the orange and Smokey Grey that are custom colors and can only be ordered and produced once per cycle.

VN Store

Back