Uniforms ..what do you think?

The Orange Helmet will come out against either USCjr or Vandy. This weekend is Stormtrooper (Possibly Orange pants) as its one of the big 3.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
White Jerseys
Orange Pants
Traditional White helmet

We are bigger than all these gimmicky variations BE PROUD OF OUR TRADITION you dont see Alabama, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan doing it

Alabama is the only one of those who doesn’t. Ohio State, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Penn State, Michigan…they’ve all worn alternates.

Well actually, with the exception of Alabama, all of those listed have done an alternate uniform, helmet, or combo of the two over the last 3-5 years. Alabama can't really with Nicky being a holier than thou piece of **** saying that good teams don't need to change uniforms. Paraphrasing of course.
Bama even had white helmets for a period under Bryant.

Reactions: Jaingo
White Jerseys
Orange Pants
Traditional White helmet

We are bigger than all these gimmicky variations BE PROUD OF OUR TRADITION you dont see Alabama, Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan doing it

Alabama is the only one of those who doesn’t. Ohio State, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Penn State, Michigan…they’ve all worn alternates.

Reactions: firestorm
Who really cares what Alabama, Ohio St. Penn St. or Michigan do… I don’t ever want to compare ourselves to those programs, let’s be our own program. I’d rather be the measuring stick than check with others to see if I’m measuring up. I’m not saying I’m not for tradition. I love our traditions! But I’m also not opposed to modernizing some things and doing new stuff on occasion. The players are the ones who vote on the uniforms, if they want Smokey Grey alternate uniforms, Black alternate uniforms, Orange helmets, give those to them, they’ve earned it! It isn’t a slap in the face of tradition to occasionally change it up, it’s just something fun to do.
Because these high school alternates plain suck.

I miss the “shiny” pants too. Like Andy Kelly was wearing in that Cotton Bowl pic.
I loved those uniforms but I do like the more neon orange they have now, especially with the gray and black unis, it really pops, even the Storm Trooper uni, I just wish they'd mix in the orange pants/white jerseys too, maybe with the orange helmet if they ever use it.

I loved those uniforms but I do like the more neon orange they have now, especially with the gray and black unis, it really pops, even the Storm Trooper uni, I just wish they'd mix in the orange pants/white jerseys too, maybe with the orange helmet if they ever use it.
The numbers would have been hard to read if they didn’t use a that brighter orange against the black jerseys.

I'd go all white or orange pants. Either way. But if we don't go dark mode again next year for a game that would be a crime. Them jerseys Saturday night were mean looking. Them players fed off them. They played with attitude and energy.

imo the color of the uniforms had nothing to do with how we played.

Then you don’t like Rocky Top? Or the checkerboard end zones? When does tradition end and gimmick start? Cause those things you see as traditional haven’t always been around.

Innovations, stylistic or otherwise, occur constantly. Whether they stand the proverbial test of time determines whether they become ingrained as tradition.

Smokey greys....I've tried to like 'em, I've wanted to, but in the end they are just blah for me. Helmet's aren't bad, don't like the jerseys....am a fan of double stripes on the pants, so current version is a non-starter. But the all black does work, that whole ensemble worked, it looked solid last Saturday. Looking forward to an orange helmet...I think that's a color past due for that piece of kit.

But, now I'm done. All white, all black, all orange in Helmut, tops and pants as individual parts. Not a fan of light blue....I revere Pat, but no, keep it off the field. You can ditch that. $0.02.

I think they realize that with the greys… the helmets look good & the rest needs work, they said they’re gonna have 5 different takes on it starting this year with the ones we wore in 2016, the next 4 seasons will be new variations on the greys.

Reactions: nomads-11
Then you don’t like Rocky Top? Or the checkerboard end zones? When does tradition end and gimmick start? Cause those things you see as traditional haven’t always been around.
Mainly because the checkered stadium and rocky top are good. Those orange helmets arent.

Well hendon life is a little easier to spot recievers down field ..its the guy 10 yards past the defense

Well, to clarify further; Human ability to distinguish around 1 million shades of colors. Contemporary research says we developed that ability due to being a relatively unarmed (no appreciable fangs or claws) species, being able to identify predators, despite their camouflage, was an evolutionary necessity. Therefore, I stand by my original statement. The predators (Georgia defensive units) seek to prey upon defenseless WRs. Those white unis assistance our Sig Cross armed hunter (Hooker) accurately aiming his protective shots. Especially, in a red saturated environment where the preds could blend into the background. I know, I know, ah is, am en ebil parson. :cool:

Sometimes hunting is the only thing that makes sense. You see, fishing solves a lot of problems. Hunting solves the rest.

I can get behind it. The stormtroopers are the best uniform combination in all of existence but that's just me. I could also see the stormtroopers with the orange helmet. Whatever the players want!

VN Store

Back