Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

Steven5198

At least it isnt trash in fit or material or almost completely non-existant if you want a polyester material.
Couldn't find polyester material in Adidas? PLENTY of it out there now. I have plenty of both brands and BOTH are inconsistent in fits. You can find something good AND bad with both brands. Nike's QC isn't any better either.

I like both brands but the logo chasers of Nike stuff are humorous in that how so many think ANYTHING without a swoosh on it is simply subpar. Guess what people? It's ALL made overseas in the same shops...

Steven5198

I really miss the script Tennessee on the front of the away jerseys. It was the perfect mix of a middling, $hitty, ACC Coastal division team with a decent Big East team that will never be included in a Power 5 expansion. Perfect for our level of football at the time.
You mean like the gimmicky checkerboard that Nike threw on EVERYTHING when they came on board in 2015?! Yeah, that's really creative. Never been done before. Lol. Not to mention how ridiculous it looked on the helmets and pants for football. That's not even mentioning the bad number font that is used in ALL sports.

Couldn't find polyester material in Adidas? PLENTY of it out there now. I have plenty of both brands and BOTH are inconsistent in fits. You can find something good AND bad with both brands. Nike's QC isn't any better either.

I like both brands but the logo chasers of Nike stuff are humorous in that how so many think ANYTHING without a swoosh on it is simply subpar. Guess what people? It's ALL made overseas in the same shops...
Not at the time. Around here (Murfreesboro) there was always a serious lack of any of Tennessee branded Adidas polyester and if it was in a store, it never fit me. I'm sure its changed in the intervening 9 years but I always hated that about Adidas.

RDU VOL#14

I’m a Funny Guy
You mean like the gimmicky checkerboard that Nike threw on EVERYTHING when they came on board in 2015?! Yeah, that's really creative. Never been done before. Lol. Not to mention how ridiculous it looked on the helmets and pants for football. That's not even mentioning the bad number font that is used in ALL sports.
I didn’t really care for gimmicky checkerboard, but I would take it over the script Tennessee on the front of the away jerseys.

volfanbill

Praying for Squirrely
At least it isnt trash in fit or material or almost completely non-existant if you want a polyester material.
Never had a single issue from any of that with Adidas. Still have lots of Adidas merchandise. Same fit anything else is. And almost all of them are the Clima Cool technology. Cute retort, just not factual

Never had a single issue from any of that with Adidas. Still have lots of Adidas merchandise. Same fit anything else is. And almost all of them are the Clima Cool technology. Cute retort, just not factual
Are you roughly 5'2 and 275 lb? Because in my experience, that is about the only size a L Tennessee branded Adidas shirt would fit in 2010 and I tried on a lot of them lol. Like I said above, Im sure it's gotten better since but it really was bad back then imo.

Hell, maybe I'll just go back the Adidas rack and give them another shot, see for myself.

Last edited:

volfanbill

Praying for Squirrely
Are you roughly 5'2 and 275 lb? Because in my experience, that is about the only size a L Tennessee branded Adidas shirt would fit in 2010 and I tried on a lot of them lol. Like I said above, Im sure it's gotten better since but it really was bad back then imo.

Hell, maybe I'll just go back the Adidas rack and give them another shot, see for myself.
5’10 185 back then. Large in any shirt

Hyperion

I know many might disagree but the 1997 away Vols unis are the best in my lifetime. This was the very first year with adidas making everything. The huge embroidered numbers, perfect amount of black trim, the pure white of the road uni, the way they shined in a night game. To me it's timeless and an absolute gem. The home jerseys were great as well.

SoddyAllVol

Agree to disagree with ya here. I thought the checkerboards looked pretty cool. Just not as clean as the classic whites. I like both

Kinglberry

I know many might disagree but the 1997 away Vols unis are the best in my lifetime. This was the very first year with adidas making everything. The huge embroidered numbers, perfect amount of black trim, the pure white of the road uni, the way they shined in a night game. To me it's timeless and an absolute gem. The home jerseys were great as well.
Loved the Stormtroopers

ButchPlz

Great unis, but I'd be willing to guess a lot of the love is because of the badasses that wore them.

bigl3327

CJP wants plain, no nonsense uniforms. I hope uniform upgrades are used as an incentive in the future, but for now I think he wants to attract players that care more about how they play as opposed to how they look.

butchna

Sit down and tell me all about it...way over there

Like the Nike stuff better.

Behr

#Forfeitthefloridagame
Hunert purscent.

peaygolf

Let's Go Peay!!!!
If the trim was grey, not black. Then I would agree.

butchna

Sit down and tell me all about it...way over there
Nice. When you find Spot Bilts you'll probably also find this stuff:

Didn’t seek Spot Bilts when I could accidentally bend my foot in half playing neighborhood football and not even visit the doctor. Now I prolly need to order this crap while I finish one. 🤨

Boca Vol

Lab Rat
Didn’t seek Spot Bilts when I could accidentally bend my foot in half playing neighborhood football and not even visit the doctor. Now I prolly need to order this crap while I finish one. 🤨
The Lenoir City MS & HS sports medical kits consisted of pre-wrap, tape, salt tabs, Cramergesic, and 10,000 popsicle sticks to apply it. That stuff was used for runny noses, turned ankles, and minor broken bones.

VN Store

Sponsors