Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

Most of the time the swoosh goes like this...

314192117_white_nike_air_force_one_sneaker_lp1.jpg

Some different numbers. Recruits in this week so we should see the jerseys used more.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 20

In both those photos, the 'hook' of the swoosh is to the left.

Now...see anything anywhere with the hook to the right of the viewer?

Honestly wondering, I don't follow Nike enough to know their practices.

Only know that the swoosh is oriented in the same direction on both those shoes, though one has the hook at the heel and the other toward the toe...it's still hook on left.

Only know that the swoosh is oriented in the same direction on both those shoes, though one has the hook at the heel and the other toward the toe...it's still hook on left.

Oh my gosh is this really a thing? They flip it around on shoes all the time!

Here's one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 5

Yeah, almost every Nike shoe has it like this...

Air-Force-Ones-Low-Cut-Sports-Shoes-Royal-Blue-White.jpg

Ah cool, thanks. Like I said, I don't follow them enough to know either way.

p.s. Face, you need a paper bag to breathe into? You seem overly excited.

Last edited:
don't y'all think our uniforms would be so much better if we were to switch to Nike?

hey DP, when does the adidas contract expire?

I don't think that's true. I have never seen the hook at the heel of the shoe.

It doesn't surprise me because the design of the shoe kind of tapers to the back (which is unusual). if they had the swoosh go the normal way, it wouldn't flow properly with that unusual taper.

also for y'all arguing about the swooshes, many Nike shoes have mirror images of the swooshes on the inside and outside, so every angle, 2 swooshes will be facing the same direction at all times

The standard for Nike from the start of the company was the swoosh always goes from the front to the back, so it always appears to be moving forward. It's only been in the last year or so that they have gone away from it and started applying the swoosh "backwards"

The standard for Nike from the start of the company was the swoosh always goes from the front to the back, so it always appears to be moving forward. It's only been in the last year or so that they have gone away from it and started applying the swoosh "backwards"

I have shoes that I got in 2009 that have the swoosh backwards.

:whistling:

No solid orange? Also think the orange jersey would look better with white neck. Hate the black shoulders on the grays. If they wanted that black/antracit or whatever they call it, in the color pattern, maybe just outline the numbers with it. Disappointed with the decision to go with those over all the other awesome designs we've seen mocked up.

Rant over

Last edited:
No solid orange? Also think the orange jersey would look better with white neck. Hate the black shoulders on the grays. If they wanted that black/antracit or whatever they call it, in the color pattern, maybe just outline the numbers with it. Disappointed with the decision to go with those over all the other awesome designs we've seen mocked up.

Rant over

I'm pretty sure the unis can be mixed and matched, so all orange is a possibility. Also, the vast majority of the mockups that were out prior to July 1 looked like absolute garbage, IMO.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm pretty sure the unis can be mixed and matched, so all orange is a possibility. Also, the vast majority of the mockups that were out prior to July 1 looked like absolute garbage, IMO.

Forgot to mention that a white collar on the orange jersey would look so so bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
No solid orange? see below Also think the orange jersey would look better with white neck. NOHate the black shoulders on the grays. If they wanted that black/antracit or whatever they call it, in the color pattern, maybe just outline the numbers with it. Disappointed with the decision to go with those over all the other awesome designs we've seen mocked up.

Rant overDON'T agree

635713521934063560-homefootball.jpg

I agree, most did. But BR or SDS, or one of those sites had some nice ones. They had the stripes on the facemask.

VN Store

Back