Unbelievable

kayman1

Worst whining I've ever seen. Kellie has not even been introduced yet and alot of you have her failing!! She will be a major upgrade from what we had. If you cannot see that, then maybe you should start watching other sports. Give her a chance, geez. I bet her first year she will win more games than was won this year. Any takers? Go Lady Vols!!!!

Worst whining I've ever seen. Kellie has not even been introduced yet and alot of you have her failing!! She will be a major upgrade from what we had. If you cannot see that, then maybe you should start watching other sports. Give her a chance, geez. I bet her first year she will win more games than was won this year. Any takers? Go Lady Vols!!!!
I agree I think the LadyVols will win 21-24 games in 2019-2020

I agree I think the LadyVols will win 21-24 games in 2019-2020
I agree, she will make us all very happy she is the coach. This team last year was so out of sync it was unbelievable, I'm sure this will be an easy job for her to correct. We will be no worse than second in the SEC. We will get at least a four seed, and get to host the first two games next year's tournament.

She wasn’t my first choice. She wasn’t my second or third choice for that matter, but she was Fulmer’s choice. That’s all that matters. I don’t know what to expect, but I do know that I’m going to wait to see what kind of team she puts on the court before writing her off. I know her tenure at NC State is a red flag to some, but she’s still young, and it is possible for coaches to learn and grow. Maybe she has since her time in Raleigh. When it became obvious that Holly wasn’t the answer, I wanted her gone. If Kellie Harper doesn’t get the job done, I’ll hope the necessary changes are made, but she hasn’t coached a game yet. I wish that those who have already grabbed their torches and pitchforks would put them down. It’s not a good look.

Amen. Kellie is a SIGNIFICANT upgrade to the coach she's replacing. And before anyone starts spouting off nonsense about Holly's W/L record, let's not pretend she wasn't handed a fully loaded Tennessee program and was still a failure.

I'm willing to wait and see how Kellie does. The program bottomed out with Holly, so there's no place to go but up.

okkk

Exactly!

Could turn out to be great or terrible but at least it has to play out before we know.
Agree, and could say this about any coach. I personally think that though we've had good players, that there may have been a "black cloud" over the program w/ all the talk about Holly, which may have affected team attitude and performance. I think w/ current players and players coming in, that there's a chance the "new energy" gets us back quicker than some think.

One point....... UT could have gotten a Tier 1 coach and they did NOT. Probably about the money I assume. It is possible Harper might be ok middle of the pack type coach, but not likely much more. (I sure hope I am wrong!!!) Foolmer failed on this one IMO. I was critical of Holly from her announcement. Kellie might be a slight upgrade, but not a lot IMO.
I guess time will tell. However, the message here is the Lady Vols are not worth the money for a top proven coach! What are they worth? What about a discarded NCSU coach....

Besides Walz, with his underhanded recruiting background, name ONE ‘tier one’ coach that would have come here?

Continuing Pat’s Lady Vol Legacy was obviously important to our new freshman class and their parents, who have all signed on with Kellie. Looks like Fulmer made a smart hire to continue that legacy and not tie a $10 million financial commitment around the athletic department’s budget.

I’m excited about the future of Lady Vol Basketball for the first time in many years.

One point....... UT could have gotten a Tier 1 coach and they did NOT. Probably about the money I assume. It is possible Harper might be ok middle of the pack type coach, but not likely much more. (I sure hope I am wrong!!!) Foolmer failed on this one IMO. I was critical of Holly from her announcement. Kellie might be a slight upgrade, but not a lot IMO.
I guess time will tell. However, the message here is the Lady Vols are not worth the money for a top proven coach! What are they worth? What about a discarded NCSU coach....

Besides Walz, with his underhanded recruiting background, name ONE ‘tier one’ coach that would have come here?

Continuing Pat’s Lady Vol Legacy was obviously important to our new freshman class and their parents, who have all signed on with Kellie. Looks like Fulmer made a smart hire to continue that legacy and not tie a $10 million financial commitment around the athletic department’s budget.

I’m excited about the future of Lady Vol Basketball for the first time in many years.

You were also excited about Holly..... For sure Wes Moore would have come I know for a fact!!! He has done a LOT more than Harper did at NCSU....!!!!!!!!

Reactions: MocVol
I agree, she will make us all very happy she is the coach. This team last year was so out of sync it was unbelievable, I'm sure this will be an easy job for her to correct. We will be no worse than second in the SEC. We will get at least a four seed, and get to host the first two games next year's tournament.

Like what you dream.... But, to say "easy job"???? I think not. There is something about these players (note I did not say team) that seems to spell trouble to me. They seem to me to be too individually centered to mold into a team quickly. Could take a "weeding out and replacing some pieces, which will take some time to get to where you dream about.

Reactions: 1955bamavol

Like what you dream.... But, to say "easy job"???? I think not. There is something about these players (note I did not say team) that seems to spell trouble to me. They seem to me to be too individually centered to mold into a team quickly. Could take a "weeding out and replacing some pieces, which will take some time to get to where you dream about.
just a country girl from mid-TN,,,,,,,hhhmmmmm

Not sure what you mean by "hhhmmmmm". Sparta, like my small country town are TENNESSEE . I am proud and am sure she is too of where she hails from. Don't misunderstand me, I am not "calling you out" for your response, I just don't understand it. As to the song, I think it is a little shallow (not sure if this is the right word, maybe corny is better) for "coach" to be identified with or by it.

Success will be measured individually. Kelly's will be too. IMO, Final Fours and Nat'l Championships are what is EXPECTED of this program. To many on this board and across Volnation, a good game and a NCAA appearance is acceptable. To me, that's a slap in the face of a legend. Unfortunately, I've witnessed a fanbase and AD significantly lower expectations over the past 15 years and we are now reaping what we've sown into this program's culture.
Until we start ACTING, WALKING and TALKING like champions again... we'll have to enjoy the high fives and "good efforts" forever.

I am sure Lady Vol fans want Kellie to succeed. The bad in this situation is that Fulmer went cheap. He did not want to pay top dollar for a women's coach. Kellie has the ability to be a good coach but would she have been the first choice for most other Power 5 schools is they lost their coach. Questions are out there. Can she recruit at this level. Why was she fired at North Carolina State. Will she hire a great staff that doesn't include her husband. Can she deal with the pressure of being back at Tennessee as head coach. I think most would agree that she should be an upgrade in most every area. The one we are not sure of is recruiting. For many Lady Vol fans, we had hoped for a big splash hire after putting up with Holly for so long. I support her and know we must put the sour grapes behind us and quit whining. Or not. Looking forward to better press conferences, better player development and better defense and I think we will get that.

I am sure Lady Vol fans want Kellie to succeed. The bad in this situation is that Fulmer went cheap. He did not want to pay top dollar for a women's coach. Kellie has the ability to be a good coach but would she have been the first choice for most other Power 5 schools is they lost their coach. Questions are out there. Can she recruit at this level. Why was she fired at North Carolina State. Will she hire a great staff that doesn't include her husband. Can she deal with the pressure of being back at Tennessee as head coach. I think most would agree that she should be an upgrade in most every area. The one we are not sure of is recruiting. For many Lady Vol fans, we had hoped for a big splash hire after putting up with Holly for so long. I support her and know we must put the sour grapes behind us and quit whining. Or not. Looking forward to better press conferences, better player development and better defense and I think we will get that.

cheap...read her contract again...doesn't seem that cheap to me...:D

GO LADY VOLS!

VN Store

Back