UK's Chances

UK7UT..?

Take off the orange goggles, and look at our resume from a different way. Put aside your dislike for UK and tell me why or why not Kentucky makes it.

Without my blue goggles on. I see big wins at home against two good teams, but a bad loss on the road and a tough loss to the #1 team at the time. A couple of tough wins against sub-par teams, but wins are wins nonetheless. BAD Losses to San Diego and GW, most likely not making the NCAA.

I see us getting in with a win Sunday, but 1 sec tournament win would secure it.

Take off the orange goggles, and look at our resume from a different way. Put aside your dislike for UK and tell me why or why not Kentucky makes it.

Without my blue goggles on. I see big wins at home against two good teams, but a bad loss on the road and a tough loss to the #1 team at the time. A couple of tough wins against sub-par teams, but wins are wins nonetheless. BAD Losses to San Diego and GW, most likely not making the NCAA.

I see us getting in with a win Sunday, but 1 sec tournament win would secure it.
That's why..

I see UK barely getting in and maybe getting thru the first round but i dont think they do any better than that its just not their year.

Yeah, I see us not making it past the 1st round unless we win a couple games in the SEC tournament.

Remember, no SEC team has ever been denied with more than 10 wins. But the SEC isn't up to par this year.

I don't know, as it grows on me, I think Sunday could make or break our year.

they obviously struggled early on but they played some quality opponents at the same time. I don't think the committee will look at that in a completely negative way. They will also have 12? SEC wins if and when they beat florida. If they win that game and win one SEC game, I think they're in for sure.

1) They are orange-tinted glasses, not goggles.
2) This is the Tennessee sports forum

I understand, as I post on a Kentucky Forum. Sometimes I'd like to hear from a different fanbase.

I think if we would have played Vandy close at Memorial, we're a lock. Now I hope to meet Vandy or Miss St. in the Catlanta.

No, simply would like your opinion, I'm sorry if that's too much to ask for.

I understand, as I post on a Kentucky Forum. Sometimes I'd like to hear from a different fanbase.

I think if we would have played Vandy close at Memorial, we're a lock. Now I hope to meet Vandy or Miss St. in the Catlanta.

No, simply would like your opinion, I'm sorry if that's too much to ask for.
My opinion is your guys don't deserve to get into the Big Dance because they didn't win enough games against top teams. Fair enough?

Yeah, I see us not making it past the 1st round unless we win a couple games in the SEC tournament.

Remember, no SEC team has ever been denied with more than 10 wins. But the SEC isn't up to par this year.

I don't know, as it grows on me, I think Sunday could make or break our year.

the 10 win thing is what really could be the deal breaker for my opinion. What makes me stick to my opinion is that I feel UK has to prove they can win without Patterson. I think the committee will put too much emphasis on losing your star player.

Here's an interesting scenario: What if Florida beats Kentucky on Sunday and they both do equally well in the sec tourney. Would the committee dare take Kentucky and leave out Florida even though Florida would be 2-0 against UK?

Fair enough hman.

I think revenue will play a big part in this too. Say they try and decide between UK and a team like...uh Miami maybe?(IDK) They know Uk will travel better than Miami and this bring more money for the NCAA.
I think a win Sunday will seal the deal, maybe a SEC tourney win will add a little cherry on top.

Good luck, Keep up the SEC domination.

That would be a huge problem, but Florida is 0-2 against UT and 1-1 against Vandy. With an 8-7 SEC record, I still think UK is more deserving, of course that's my biased opinion.

The biggest points in UK's favor are 1)their conference record 2) the fact that they are playing better lately and 3) despite what may be publicly said, I really think the committee is going to want to put 5 SEC teams in the tourney if only they can find an excuse.

UT, Vandy, and MSU are in.

Arkansas is sitting at 19-10, 8-7, with an RPI of 41.

Ole Miss is 20-9 with an RPI of 44 but sports an ugly conference record of 6-9.

Florida is 21-9, 8-7 but has a lousy RPI of 62.

Kentucky has some good wins, some unbelievably horrible losses, only 17 wins, an iffy RPI below Arky and Ole Miss at 48, but a stellar 11-4 conference record, a probable bye in the SEC tourney, and a fat 10-2 record in their last 12 game.

Boil it all down and you have Arkansas with a pretty good case and UF, Ole Miss, and UK needing to separate themselves from each other in the last game and the SECT for what could be the final spot for the conference.

Wow, a really good point here.

PTI say's were in, but only Kentucky can determine this eh!

GO CATS!

Fair enough hman.

I think revenue will play a big part in this too. Say they try and decide between UK and a team like...uh Miami maybe?(IDK) They know Uk will travel better than Miami and this bring more money for the NCAA.
I think a win Sunday will seal the deal, maybe a SEC tourney win will add a little cherry on top.

Good luck, Keep up the SEC domination.

That would be a huge problem, but Florida is 0-2 against UT and 1-1 against Vandy. With an 8-7 SEC record, I still think UK is more deserving, of course that's my biased opinion.
For what it's worth, if I was a commitee member I would definitely vote the Wildcats over the Gators as a bubble team winner. Even though that would be more fair and reasonable regarding record, Kentucky has more history and I hate the gators...

In a Thursday article in the Herald Leader CM Newton put his two cents in. As a former head of the selection committee it is hard to argue with his opnion.According to him, as of now the Cats don't have a tourney resume.

Until I read that article I thought that the upcoming contest with the Gators and the Cats just might be a "play in" game. Now I am not so sure.

The Cat's inability to make a recent run in the dance will impede their chances to get in.

With a win against Florida, KY is in. Assuming they dont go to Atl. and get drilled by 30 in the first round.

I was surprised by CM's comments, really. I guess a home in the Bahamas funded by UK didn't buy them a little loyalty from their former AD.

In a Thursday article in the Herald Leader CM Newton put his two cents in. As a former head of the selection committee it is hard to argue with his opnion.According to him, as of now the Cats don't have a tourney resume.

Until I read that article I thought that the upcoming contest with the Gators and the Cats just might be a "play in" game. Now I am not so sure.

The Cat's inability to make a recent run in the dance will impede their chances to get in.

If they win against the Gators today, and win one game in the SEC tourney, they are in. Should they win today and fail to win an SEC game, bubble. If they do get in this way, it is only because of their (shady) win over the "Mighty Vols".

VN Store

Back