UK game time?

Stoked

When are the game times usually announced, typically the week before?

I will bringing my family down from Kentucky and it'll be my son's 1st game (8 years old) and my wife and daughter's 2nd game. I'd love for it to be the 3:30 game or even a night game but would hate for it to be a Noon game. What would the chances of that be? Sorry I'm not very familiar with how they schedule the SEC games.

I will bringing my family down from Kentucky and it'll be my son's 1st game (8 years old) and my wife and daughter's 2nd game. I'd love for it to be the 3:30 game or even a night game but would hate for it to be a Noon game. What would the chances of that be? Sorry I'm not very familiar with how they schedule the SEC games.
2 weeks before. If both are undefeated or both have one loss, you can probably count on a night game. If both suffer a couple or three losses, probably leaning towards noon.

Reactions: Stoked

Monday the week before, or 12 days before.

2 weeks before. If both are undefeated or both have one loss, you can probably count on a night game. If both suffer a couple or three losses, probably leaning towards noon.

Almost certainly won't be a 3:30 game as for some reason that weekend appears to be locked up by UGA-UF in Jax.

Other games that week:

Auburn-Arky
USC-Mizzou
Ole Miss-A&M

So we should be the 1st or 2nd most attractive game that week after the cocktail party. I would say 7-7:30 on ESPN or the Deuce.

If Tennessee and Kentucky are 7-0 going into the game i could see a 3:30 pm kickoff on CBS but if if it's a 6-1 or 7-0 Tennessee against a 6-1,5-2 or 4-3 Kentucky team i could see a 7:00 pm kickoff on ESPN or the SEC Network.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Almost certainly won't be a 3:30 game as for some reason that weekend appears to be locked up by UGA-UF in Jax.

Other games that week:

Auburn-Arky
USC-Mizzou
Ole Miss-A&M

So we should be the 1st or 2nd most attractive game that week after the cocktail party. I would say 7-7:30 on ESPN or the Deuce.
I think I'd prefer to have the 7-7:30 over the 3:30 game anyways. Since I have a 3 hour drive, I'd like to get down there in the am and spend the afternoon seeing the Vol Walk and all of the other fun stuff before the game. My daughter is in the band so I want her to see them.

Other games that week:

Auburn-Arky
USC-Mizzou
Ole Miss-A&M

If I'm not mistaken the Georgia/ Florida game is always the CBS game of the week.

Make sure you pack some ear plugs for the youngsters.

Reactions: onevol74
Make sure you pack some ear plugs for the youngsters.
Thank you, but my son who is 8, his ears are used to loud screaming the way him and his buddies carry on playing Fortnite and screaming in their mics nonstop haha.

While the true game time will not be announced until a couple of weeks before, I would say the odds are we will not be playing the noon game.

Face it, offense sells and we don't have Pruitt on the sidelines any more. Going by that, we are one of the sexiest teams out there right now. That's not even considering the size of our fanbase in general

Chances are both teams will be ranked in the T25 and generally you don't see SEC matchups like that at noon. Putting their big game on at noon is a Little 10 thing to do.

We had a bunch of 12 pm games early last year because everybody thought we would suck.

Our only potential noon games left on the schedule would be Vandy and MTSU. Maybe Mizzu or SC if they can't get their heads outta their butts

Reactions: Stoked
Just got our tickets. Section JJ row 17. Will I need to bring a set of binoculars? Lol

Good thing I bought my tickets when I did because tickets have gone up nearly 60%. I think it's safe to say we're back! There's 'uppers' going for $250+ it's insane.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
Best guesses now? UGA and Florida have the 3:30 spot locked up I think? I wonder when they'll announce what time this game will start?

That’s what I was thinking. The other options would be the 12:00 SECN time slot (which should be unlikely?) and then the 7:30 SECN time slot?

ESPN gets 2nd choice and usually they put that game at 7:00 ET. Since Kentucky will be top 20 and UT still undefeated, it’ll get shown in primetime.

Reactions: spyfish007
I am bringing my 3 young boys up with me. My 6 yr old first TN game with dad. Hoping the weather isn’t too cold if it ends up being a 7pm game.

VN Store

Back