UGA vs FSU Orange Bowl

You should always pull for the conference no matter how much you dislike your rivals. fsu had their opportunity to join our conference and Bobby Bowden very publicly stated that it is an easier road to the national championship by playing in a weaker conference. No matter how heated the rivalry between our teams just remember we don’t take the easy way. WE EARN OURS be proud of that.

lol. No actual Tennessee fan would ever utter the words, you know what we need to pull for Georgia because SEC PRIDE!

Reactions: VolNExile
You should always pull for the conference no matter how much you dislike your rivals. fsu had their opportunity to join our conference and Bobby Bowden very publicly stated that it is an easier road to the national championship by playing in a weaker conference. No matter how heated the rivalry between our teams just remember we don’t take the easy way. WE EARN OURS be proud of that.
Get some help

Reactions: VolNExile
As much as FSU deserved to be in the top 4, they're going to get absolutely stomped.

They would get stomped in the CFP or the Orange Bowl, depending on who opts out. If anyone thinks they’re one of the best 4 teams in the country they’re crazy. If they went by the same criteria next season I could make an argument that they aren’t even a top 12 right now .

Until your team is championship worthy in spite of a loss, yet gets the benefit of the doubt based on conference reputation or strength of schedule, cheering for conference rivals is a tough ask…even moreso when that team is your most hated rival. So I get most of the natives here don’t have the same SEC pride as we do.

Florida, LSU, UGA and Bama have all benefited from the SEC’s reputation on the way to winning national titles.

Nope, screw the rest of the SEC.

Reactions: CSVol
They would get stomped in the CFP or the Orange Bowl, depending on who opts out. If anyone thinks they’re one of the best 4 teams in the country they’re crazy. If they went by the same criteria next season I could make an argument that they aren’t even a top 12 right now .

It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see GA mail this one in and lose. FSU should be motivated to show the world the committee got it wrong while GA has no motivation.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see GA mail this one in and lose. FSU should be motivated to show the world the committee got it wrong while GA has no motivation.

Fair point, but UGA’s back-ups are 4 and 5* kids backing up 4 and 5* kids.

If FSU has key guys opting out (Verse or the two WRs), then this game could get ugly.

Fair point, but UGA’s back-ups are 4 and 5* kids backing up 4 and 5* kids.

If FSU has key guys opting out (Verse or the two WRs), then this game could get ugly.

I don't see a close game either way, it will be a blowout by one of them. Preferably FSU curb stomps them.

Reactions: Pennheel
I don’t know that Kirby will let that happen . Say what you want about him, he knows the buttons to push to get his guys up for a game.

That part.

People are forgetting Kirby is just as pissed off about being left out, if not more pissed off than FSU.

With both teams at full strength, UGA waxes the floor with FSU, let alone FSU without Travis.

We'll see but my guess is the GA players mail it in.
That definitely could happen, but I think this game will have a lot of eyeballs on it. A lot of guys could see opportunity to make some $$

FSU and the rest of college football fans are about to find out why they didn't make the playoffs and shouldn't have made the playoffs.

Reactions: CSVol and Mtnvol80
Ah, I just think that it's going to be one of those games with both teams having little incentive to really play up to their ability,and I could see most of both rosters starters sitting out(moreso Florida St. )

As much as I'd like to see Florida St pull it off, Georgia even with their backups will likely win by two touchdowns.

VN Store

Back