UFs 2022 Class Imploding

We knew Mullen couldn't before he got here, we just didn't want to admit it to ourselves.
That's all well and good... but that's not the tune you guys were singing here just a few months ago. We were assured that Mullen knew talent and especially how to develop it.

I honestly don't know how Napier will do. Honestly if you're going the G-5 route, he looks like a good hire. Relative to their level, UL beat some "good" teams. I think about half their wins came against bowl eligible opponents. But truly, none of us really know when a new guy is hired if the situation is right for them.

I hate UF so I truly hope he falls flat on his face... but the objective part of me says this is a "good" hire. The other side of that equation may be more important though. He came in late in the recruiting cycle and has either dropped recruits or been dropped by them. At the same time, guys have hit the portal. You'd have to say how many guys UF is likely to lose to graduation or NFL.

It does not look like a good situation right now... and you guys are far less patient even than UT fans.

That's all well and good... but that's not the tune you guys were singing here just a few months ago. We were assured that Mullen knew talent and especially how to develop it.

I honestly don't know how Napier will do. Honestly if you're going the G-5 route, he looks like a good hire. Relative to their level, UL beat some "good" teams. I think about half their wins came against bowl eligible opponents. But truly, none of us really know when a new guy is hired if the situation is right for them.

I hate UF so I truly hope he falls flat on his face... but the objective part of me says this is a "good" hire. The other side of that equation may be more important though. He came in late in the recruiting cycle and has either dropped recruits or been dropped by them. At the same time, guys have hit the portal. You'd have to say how many guys UF is likely to lose to graduation or NFL.

It does not look like a good situation right now... and you guys are far less patient even than UT fans.
That's a true statement...But in this case, we're just gonna have to learn to be patient...He's tearing this thing down to the Earth, and rebuilding from the foundation up, so we may take some licks, we've just gotta deal with that...This isn't gonna be a quick fix, it's gonna be a forever fix.

That's a true statement...But in this case, we're just gonna have to learn to be patient...He's tearing this thing down to the Earth, and rebuilding from the foundation up, so we may take some licks, we've just gotta deal with that...This isn't gonna be a quick fix, it's gonna be a forever fix.
Sorry to burst your bubble... but Vol fans have heard that too many times to put any merit in it.

The truth is that great coaches, coach great. They don't need 4 recruiting cycles to get "their players". They don't need to "purge" the stench of the last staff. They come in and get the most they can out of the situation as it is. That's why many of us are daring to have a little hope with Heupel.

Kiffin got more than reasonably expected out of his only roster at UT. That staff had a lot to do with it... but taking UF and Bama to the end and winning games with what they had on the OL and DL plus injuries at LB was pretty amazing.

Dooley "almost" did. Almost took down a great LSU team. Almost beat UNC in the bowl game. He was snake bit in both games... and pretty much went downhill from there.

Jones underperformed the talent on every roster he had starting with the first one. He had 5 NFL caliber OL's and several defenders who would play in the NFL and couldn't even figure out how to win 6 games.

Same story for Pruitt. Underperformed the talent every year.

I'm not a big "look at the stars" guy... I don't think you can rely on them for any single particular player. But in composite I think they accurately indicate the talent on a roster. UT has had top 20 talent. Coaching has been the problem.

I really, really, really hope you have a TON of patience. Let him tear the roster down, rebuild it, tear it down again, change assistants... have lots and lots of patience. I would LOVE to see UF go through what we've been through. Because the truth is that you need players to win and players don't sign with coaches that don't give proof that they can coach at least to the level of the talent they have. Not even at UF>

Sounds like a brick by brick thing to me :)

VN Store

Back